SB2.2 Vs. LSX intake port layout?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

stealth
Guru
Guru
SB2.2 Vs. LSX intake port layout?

Post by stealth »

SB2.2 Vs. LSX intake port layout....how close are the ports/manifolds .. they look very similar in layout...

Was wondering about adapting ls intake to SB2.2 heads...
stealth
Guru
Guru
Re: SB2.2 Vs. LSX intake port layout?

Post by stealth »

Raised runner....or LS7 type rectangular port...
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Do you have a specific reason for this? There is a lot of killer sb2 intakes. I have used 2862, 2866, edelbrocks. They also now have some 2 piece intakes, and a pretty killer dominator flange intake. I have also used the M&M sb2 intake, that intake has some potential. M&M also has a cast tunnel ram for sb2 stuff. The main problem I see, is the deck height differences. Are you planning efi and figure it would just be easier?
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

Yes, looking at using EFI on this build and a $3000 custom intake is not in the budget.

There are some very reasonably priced EFI short ram manifolds available for the Ls engines.....was looking to adapt possibly.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

stealth wrote:Yes, looking at using EFI on this build and a $3000 custom intake is not in the budget.

There are some very reasonably priced EFI short ram manifolds available for the Ls engines.....was looking to adapt possibly.
3k to install bungs?!? Lol
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Does a SB2.2 head fit on a regular SBC ? Just asking as I don't know anything about a SB2.2
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Belgian1979 wrote:Does a SB2.2 head fit on a regular SBC ? Just asking as I don't know anything about a SB2.2
Yes. Needs a specific camshaft, and double offset lifters. Makes for a nice "budget" killer engine. The complete take off heads that were all over eBay, have seemed to have dried up. But I bet they are still out there. Oh, and obviously pistons configured for the heads valve layout. I should mention, budget, if you can find nice takeoff heads. Otherwise, its not really budget friendly.
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

Warp Speed wrote:
stealth wrote:Yes, looking at using EFI on this build and a $3000 custom intake is not in the budget.

3k to install bungs?!? Lol

Not looking for a jacked up single plane intake with injector bungs....sheet metal intake is what I'm referring to.

Yes...I priced them...mm competition ( Scott Patterson), Wilson, and a few others. Priced between $2000 and $2800...so I called it $3000.

Sorry...I should have been more clear about type of intake...
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Frankshaft wrote:
Belgian1979 wrote:Does a SB2.2 head fit on a regular SBC ? Just asking as I don't know anything about a SB2.2
Yes. Needs a specific camshaft, and double offset lifters. Makes for a nice "budget" killer engine. The complete take off heads that were all over eBay, have seemed to have dried up. But I bet they are still out there. Oh, and obviously pistons configured for the heads valve layout. I should mention, budget, if you can find nice takeoff heads. Otherwise, its not really budget friendly.
Depending on the rocker offsets, you may only need offset lifters on the intake side and a little grinding for the exhaust push rods. Been there done
that.