BBC thoughts

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Re: BBC thoughts

Post by MadBill » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm

If you can get enough hands in play, you might be able to ease the tips of toothpicks (the machined cylindrical kind) into at least the primary idle air bleeds and see if the meter shows richer as it should or reads suddenly lean as it comes out of lean misfire.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.

af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Never used a AFR gauge. But lotts of TR and CR 2x4's jets at 70ish and depending on cam the PV has to be inline. The best set up I had for the street on a small block was 2 4412's
GURU is only a name.
Adam

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:21 pm

whats a inline PV ?
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

prairiehotrodder
Expert
Expert

Post by prairiehotrodder » Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am

So I purchased an AEM failsafe AFR gage that does data logging. It monitors AFR, Vacuum and RPM and logs it all. Hopefully this should be a better tuning aid and also prevent me from hitting the guard rail while watching the gage! Hopefully the plan is to get to the track on May 25 for the test and tune. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Erson cam and the tunnel ram setup has done for me. As a side note my local track just switched from NHRA to IHRA. Not sure on what that's gonna do to the rules but i'm told I won't need to have my cage certified until I reach 9.0 where NHRA was 9.99.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance » Tue May 08, 2018 6:05 pm

prairiehotrodder wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am
So I purchased an AEM failsafe AFR gage that does data logging. It monitors AFR, Vacuum and RPM and logs it all. Hopefully this should be a better tuning aid and also prevent me from hitting the guard rail while watching the gage! Hopefully the plan is to get to the track on May 25 for the test and tune. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Erson cam and the tunnel ram setup has done for me. As a side note my local track just switched from NHRA to IHRA. Not sure on what that's gonna do to the rules but i'm told I won't need to have my cage certified until I reach 9.0 where NHRA was 9.99.
Brian
Isnt that the way, often all the extra gauges etc just provide more distraction ! #-o
Craig.