How would you design a max effort street sbc?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: How would you design a max effort street sbc?

Post by Carnut1 »

Screenshot_2017-07-26-09-06-12.png
You guys are a bad influence.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

You could use the single unit that's good for 800hp. That would supply what your planning no problem, and it is only like $995
treyrags
Pro
Pro

Post by treyrags »

Frankshaft wrote:Speaking of tbi, those fitech efi units work really well. Considering the price, that is a very neat deal. It is self learning too. We did a back to back on the dyno vs a carb on a 450hp ish 347 ford, after only 5 pulls it was 4-5 better on hp, but down 10 ft/lbs. Called it a day there. It may have gotten better with more pulls. Had to sneak up on the pulls, the 1st few were short to be safe, and it was struggling, it worked as claimed, and smoothed out and self tuned, was pretty cool actually. I know another guy who has the fast efi tbi set up, and it was more of a user input required to tune, and was a lot more complicated to set up in car, the fitech, is amazingly simple. Look into that.
How did the average hp across the used range compare? Were the carb and fi tuned separately for the best hp curve?
user-612937456

Post by user-612937456 »

Frankshaft wrote:You could use the single unit that's good for 800hp. That would supply what your planning no problem, and it is only like $995
Yea that may be correct but with a classic Chevelle a Dual Quad Fuel Injection on a tunnel ram has some COOL FACTOR importance over practicality.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

gvx wrote:
Frankshaft wrote:You could use the single unit that's good for 800hp. That would supply what your planning no problem, and it is only like $995
Yea that may be correct but with a classic Chevelle a Dual Quad Fuel Injection on a tunnel ram has some COOL FACTOR importance over practicality.
stage 1 single quad f.i. stage 2 dual quad tunnel ram f.i.
631-816-4911
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Go to yellowbullet and search Fitech before making the investment. It may be the easy button as far as self learning, and cheaper than some. But you get what you pay for. From what I have read, that would be the last system I would use on a performance vehicle!

TBI.............EEW! LOL
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

Warp Speed wrote:Go to yellowbullet and search Fitech before making the investment. It may be the easy button as far as self learning, and cheaper than some. But you get what you pay for. From what I have read, that would be the last system I would use on a performance vehicle!

TBI.............EEW! LOL
I don't know man it would have to be pretty bad to beat out Electromotive in the crap department.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I have been running Holley projections forever. Not perfect by a long shot but it is what I am used to and can buy parts when needed.
631-816-4911
user-612937456

Post by user-612937456 »

Warp Speed wrote:Go to yellowbullet and search Fitech before making the investment. It may be the easy button as far as self learning, and cheaper than some. But you get what you pay for. From what I have read, that would be the last system I would use on a performance vehicle!

TBI.............EEW! LOL
I'm not a proponent of FI Tech but I have used FI on 2 street builds for customers and they were well pleased. Although It may not the best choice on more radical performance applications. Last choice or system may be subjective to your needs