Ford Intakes – good, bad and ugly results.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ozyfordman
Re: Ford Intakes – good, bad and ugly results.

Post by ozyfordman »

Any news on the flows on the PFW? Have you got anything to share DV or Big Joe? I searched on here but couldn't find much. I have only flowed the manifold on the head and not by itself,see earlier post.This is destined for a 347 street/ strip deal for myself.I am aiming for approx 550hp. @ 6500 to 7000rpm.EA Pro says I can make this but would be better with even flows. Is 6 percent variation too much?
Evan
turbo2256b
Pro
Pro

Post by turbo2256b »

Last EFI intake I ran on my 302 was a edelbrock 5.0 EFI took a lot of machining to have it match up to ported DOOE heads. Ran a .500 lift cam 118 duration @.050 lift. With 30 lb injectors. Never got to flow it on a set of heads. Never got to finish up tuning it as the fuel system in my Grand marquis couldnt supply enough fuel because in part do to the reduction of of tube ID in the factory connectors. It had good low end but went lean around 3500 and burned a gap between cylinders 1 and 2 that looked like a blower went lean. Even had the fuel map set to 8to 1 in an attempt to keep it from going lean.

Cant seem to ad a pic anymore
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Have you considered an old E-Brock F4B dual plane carb. intake?

pdq67
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Walter R. Malik wrote:
Carnut1 wrote:I saw that the hurricane beat the others. I thought you were comparing your results to David's in the way you wrote the post. Thanks, Charlie
The post was merely information for David to process.
Thanks Walter - if poss I would like to take a look at your test results as it could well save me some dyno testing. Wadayu say??

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

David Vizard wrote:
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Carnut1 wrote:I saw that the hurricane beat the others. I thought you were comparing your results to David's in the way you wrote the post. Thanks, Charlie
The post was merely information for David to process.
Thanks Walter - if poss I would like to take a look at your test results as it could well save me some dyno testing. Wadayu say??

DV
It was a customer engine run at a dyno facility which he set-up so, he has all the results ... I simply remembered the best one, not the actual order or numbers.

I know how I built the innards and wanted to make a copy of the test runs for myself; he was against that happening.

An EFI type intake manifold may very well have been even better ... these were all 4 barrel carb type intake manifolds with a 1,000 cfm 4 barrel EFI throttle body / 42 lb. injectors @ 40 pounds fuel pressure.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.