Moderator: Team

midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Raising runner, not short turn?

Post by midnightbluS10 »

cspeier wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:11 pm Image
See if that works to view the pic...

Sweet! Found that trick at another forum. If you add "~original" after the jpg on Photobucket links when you quote someone, it will restore the picture in the quote.

So www.photobucket.com/DRCE2.jpg becomes www.photobucket.com/DRCE2.jpg~original

Edit: Sorry. Didn't realize I was in an old thread.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Rick Finsta
Pro
Pro

Post by Rick Finsta »

You weren't lying on FB about it being epoxy week! Looks like I have enough weld in the other head to easily accommodate that port. What's it looking like on the flow/velocity front?
Mike Gallo, President
Protohawk - Design/Prototyping, Small Project Support, and Contract Manufacturing
CCA Racing Products - Torque Plates and Engine Rebuild Tooling
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

Rick Finsta wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am You weren't lying on FB about it being epoxy week! Looks like I have enough weld in the other head to easily accommodate that port. What's it looking like on the flow/velocity front?
That's next. Finishing up another set right now. You are going to need that weld on the roof. It's .080 thick on this port.
Rick Finsta
Pro
Pro

Post by Rick Finsta »

If you need more go ahead and cut it all the way and epoxy - I can weld it up with copper backing later no trouble. I've got the other head filled to the valve cover rail!

How's thickness in the spring seat area? I'm guessing by doing it this way we're not getting it as thin as we would need to if we weren't raising the port and sticking the apex at the SSR?
Mike Gallo, President
Protohawk - Design/Prototyping, Small Project Support, and Contract Manufacturing
CCA Racing Products - Torque Plates and Engine Rebuild Tooling