General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Re: interesting read

Post by RevTheory »

randy331 wrote:
I've had older 1/16 1/16 3/16 and 5/54 ring stuff down in the 15-16 LB to rotate the short block over with 350-400 cube stuff and no oil consumption.
I've also went too far and found the limits of those types of rings before the engine smokes, and with thinner rings and napier hook, it can be considerably lower without oil consumption than the older stuff.

I've seen some of the thinner metric ring stuff scary low and still no oil consumption even without vacuum.

Randy
I'd like to hear more about this, Randy, but I don't want to completely hijack this thread with my personal stuff.
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

RevTheory wrote:
randy331 wrote:
I've had older 1/16 1/16 3/16 and 5/54 ring stuff down in the 15-16 LB to rotate the short block over with 350-400 cube stuff and no oil consumption.
I've also went too far and found the limits of those types of rings before the engine smokes, and with thinner rings and napier hook, it can be considerably lower without oil consumption than the older stuff.

I've seen some of the thinner metric ring stuff scary low and still no oil consumption even without vacuum.

Randy
I'd like to hear more about this, Randy, but I don't want to completely hijack this thread with my personal stuff.
Well, discussing what we can get by with on ring tension,...... on a ring tension thread,...seems more on topic than telling someone they need a tunnel ram, 2 750s and deep gears, when they posted about what lifters to run. LOL :D

Randy
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Valid point, lol.