Post by randy331 »

Any up dates ?

Randy
408 Nova
Pro
Pro

Re: How much quicker and faster?

Post by 408 Nova »

No Sir, not really. I have not had a chance to work on the car. Military obligations have kept me busy these last few months. But I'm home once again for a little while. I have all the parts I said I would have, newly purchased: Speier burr ported 2892, TK 291/RZ 297 cam on a on LSA of 107.5, ground 2.5 degrees advanced. Plus we went with some Scorpion Race 1.65 intake rockers, and 1.6 Competition Cams Gold exhaust rockers. Also we have a GZ Motorsports Sportsman vacuum pump ready to go. One thing we have decided on in the last few weeks is a bump in compression. We bought some CP Bullet pistons. We are going to go from approximately 11.63:1 to 13.5:1 compression.

Just to recap; we have ran a best ever of 6.05 in the eighth mile at almost 111 mph, with a 1.29 60' in really good air. Just to be fair, this is in an untuned condition. It may have gone a little faster if the jetting and timing were off some.

We're hoping for a 5.85-5.90 with all the changes. The factory block is at the machine shop now getting a machine hone with fresh cam bearings and freeze plugs. The last thing I need to get is another set of headers, because we smashed them the last time out. The dragstrip we run at is kind of unpredictable. One weekend it will be tight, the next loose. We loosened everything up thinking it was slick, but was tight, and you know the rest of the story.

One more thing, my dad races an S-10 with a 434 at 3075 lbs. It runs 5.80's on a good night with stock Dragonslayers and 12.5:1 compression. It's down for a rearend rebuild. Gonna throw it in our Nova and see how it runs.

If anyone still cares, we'll keep you all updated on the 400 ci freshen, upgrade, dyno pull, and runs down the dragstrip.
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Re: How much quicker and faster?

Post by bigjoe1 »

Here is an FYI--- Lower E T in the 1/8 mile are VERY hard to come by, once you are at the 5.85 level- We have been racing at an 1/8 mile track now for about seven years, and it has been a real learning curve for us. Where in 1/4 mile racing it was easy to see gains in performance, it is ten times harder now doing 1/8 mile racing. You will see what I mean pretty soon.

JOE SHERMAN RACING