Questions Regarding Siamesed Intake Ports (9 Port Head)

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: Questions Regarding Siamesed Intake Ports (9 Port Head)

Post by enigma57 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 am

Thanks, roc! I cannot take all the credit, though. I came up with the design and hand fitted the aluminum filler plugs and carb mounting flanges.

Nick Smithberg (Smithberg Racing) did the welding and machine work. As you say, superb craftsmanship. My 2nd tour of duty in the service, I did quite a bit of welding and brazing and eventually worked my way into NDT work. Inspected a lot of welds to nuke piping systems aboard the fast attack boats.

And I can tell you that the welding and machine work Nick did on my intake are up to the same standards as the nuke welders did when working aboard the subs back when they were playing chicken with the Russkies in the '70s. None better.

Will keep this thread updated as the intake progresses. Just now, I am concentrating on adapting larger drum brakes to my '57. Then I will rebuild and rejet the carbs to a good baseline tune and mount them so I can figure out throttle linkage, fuel log, etc.

Appreciate your offer to put me in touch with the ENGINE folks down in Brazil. I tried to contact them a while back, but their website was down and I was unsure as to whether they were still in business.

Best regards,

Harry

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: Questions Regarding Siamesed Intake Ports (9 Port Head)

Post by enigma57 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:18 am

Truckedup wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:34 am
Hey Harry, I sold the GMC 302 powered 37 Chevy truck a few years ago... I'm messing with vintage Triumph bikes again and he's a recent photo of me with the two engine land speed racing Triumph I just finished building...

:D Hey Tony! Thought you'd get a kick out of this. Looks like the Roman chariot method of twin engine motorcycle racing circa late 1920's or early 1930's......

https://www.facebook.com/SteampunkTende ... unI4lXW1l4

Best regards,

Harry