SBC angled sparkplug headers.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
SBC angled sparkplug headers.

Post by pdq67 »

What brand(s) and hopefully part number(s) angle plug headers is everybody running?

SBC

4-tube, long-tube

1-5/8" x 2-1/2" or 1-3/4" x 3"

ANGLED SPARKPLUG HEADS.

Thanks in advance,

pdq67
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Re: SBC angled sparkplug headers.

Post by Old as Dirt »

As long as you have the close ratio steering box.. these will work with angle plug heads..
1967 CHEVROLET CAMARO Hooker Super Competition Headers 2131-1HKR
Sure ain't 200.00 $$$ like back in 67'... more like 750.00
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Thanks OaD!

pdq67
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

pdq67 wrote:What brand(s) and hopefully part number(s) angle plug headers is everybody running?

SBC

4-tube, long-tube

ANGLED SPARKPLUG HEADS.

Thanks in advance,

pdq67

What chassis what year car etc etc etc
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

Hedman #65003, 1-3/4" x 3", fits '67-69 Camaro and '68-74 Nova. Amazing fit for an out-of-the-box lower cost offering, have them on my '72 Nova. Didn't have to modify or ding a tube for plug clearance, just a slight dimple at #3 cylinder tube at the flange for better bolt access. Clears the Saginaw 800 power steering box and also the 625 manual steering box nicely. Hedman does say it won't clear the close ratio 825 box, but I have no idea about that....I had the 800 power box and swapped it to the 625 manual box. Didn't even have to unbolt the header to remove and replace the steering box, and the same with a full size hi-torque factory starter on the other side.

Hookers suck ass and fit like shit. You'd think they would get the fit right after 40 damn years, but Hooker hasn't.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

ProPower engines wrote:
pdq67 wrote:What brand(s) and hopefully part number(s) angle plug headers is everybody running?

SBC

4-tube, long-tube

ANGLED SPARKPLUG HEADS.

Thanks in advance,

pdq67

What chassis what year car etc etc etc
'67 350SS/RS Camaro 4-speed car. Its an SS/RS because I checked the SS option before the RS option is all back in Oct., '66. About forgot the RS option!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ericnova wrote:Hedman #65003, 1-3/4" x 3", fits '67-69 Camaro and '68-74 Nova. Amazing fit for an out-of-the-box lower cost offering, have them on my '72 Nova. Didn't have to modify or ding a tube for plug clearance, just a slight dimple at #3 cylinder tube at the flange for better bolt access. Clears the Saginaw 800 power steering box and also the 625 manual steering box nicely. Hedman does say it won't clear the close ratio 825 box, but I have no idea about that....I had the 800 power box and swapped it to the 625 manual box. Didn't even have to unbolt the header to remove and replace the steering box, and the same with a full size hi-torque factory starter on the other side.

Hookers suck ass and fit like shit. You'd think they would get the fit right after 40 damn years, but Hooker hasn't.
Thanks Eric,

I hope for ANGLE PLUG HEADS?

I will look them up.

pdq67
Malvn
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Malvn »

Many people over look these Headers I bought a pair for my 68 Camaro along time ago
they fit very good with angled spark plugs If I remember I used a short spark plugs :)
http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/
Malvin
" Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you
feel that you, too, can become great". By Mark Twain
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

pdq67 wrote:
Ericnova wrote:Hedman #65003, 1-3/4" x 3", fits '67-69 Camaro and '68-74 Nova. Amazing fit for an out-of-the-box lower cost offering, have them on my '72 Nova. Didn't have to modify or ding a tube for plug clearance, just a slight dimple at #3 cylinder tube at the flange for better bolt access. Clears the Saginaw 800 power steering box and also the 625 manual steering box nicely. Hedman does say it won't clear the close ratio 825 box, but I have no idea about that....I had the 800 power box and swapped it to the 625 manual box. Didn't even have to unbolt the header to remove and replace the steering box, and the same with a full size hi-torque factory starter on the other side.

Thanks Eric,

I hope for ANGLE PLUG HEADS?

I will look them up.

pdq67
Yes, they fit both angle and straight plug heads.

They aren't equal length though, if you get all worked up about that fact.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Equal length, no, not when I would like to run my new Dorman 2.5" ramshorns!!

He, He!!

But they won't fit my chassis.

And, thanks Malvn for the Shoenfeld header link.

pdq67
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

Dynatech for a great product and a great fit.
wyrmrider
Guru
Guru

Post by wyrmrider »

There are other ramshorn like with the outlet in different places for the drivers side
I have the 2 1/2 in my 69 pickup
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

All angle plug heads are not equal. I had 034 Bowties in my mid 70s X body. I put on a pair of Brodix Track 1 heads, and the headers would no longer fit. I wanted to upgrade to 1 3/4" primary tubes and the search got real small. The only thing under $600 that the manufacturer would guarantee to work were Schoenfeld. But after installing them, I discovered that most of their products are geared towards dirt/off road racing. They tuck so tight up against the frame I have to run a 4 1/2" long oil filter and remove the header to change it. My next set of heads will not be angle plug.
So much to do, so little time...