David Vizard new flowbench program

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

WPH
David Vizard new flowbench program

Post by WPH »

Hello David,

is this something that would be available to the public ?
From the screenshots it looks like being based on Excel ?
I'd really like to hear more about it.

Kind regards,

Pekka
user-612937456

Re: David Vizard new flowbench program

Post by user-612937456 »

PM me
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

WPH wrote:Hello David,

Kind regards,

Pekka
As things stand at the moment the program is solely based on an MS Excel spreads sheet. This is fine if you are an Excel user but things could be a little more user friendly. To that end Stan Weise is converting it to a much easier to use program. It is a fairly long haul to do this but I am sure Stan's skills will win the day. As soon as it is out I will let everyone (well nearly everyone) know.

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

David
I would be interested in doing it in the spread sheet. I use spread sheets every day. Any possibility???
reed
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

racear2865 wrote:David
I would be interested in doing it in the spread sheet. I use spread sheets every day. Any possibility???
reed
Reed,
anything is possible - I am working on a couple of updates at prez but lets see what the near future brings.
Let me know what you or your shop focuses on so I can get a picture as to how useful it might be.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
BradH
Guru
Guru

Post by BradH »

Is this a spreadsheet that takes all the "raw" inputs from the flow testing and handles all the calculations for test pressure conversions & bench correction factors, or something different (or more robust)?

I put together something some years back for myself and a friend's shop that specializes in cylinder heads that does the basic things I described, which is why I was curious what else the DV spreadsheet might do.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

BradH wrote:Is this a spreadsheet that takes all the "raw" inputs from the flow testing and handles all the calculations for test pressure conversions & bench correction factors, or something different (or more robust)?

I put together something some years back for myself and a friend's shop that specializes in cylinder heads that does the basic things I described, which is why I was curious what else the DV spreadsheet might do.
I think Charlie carnut 1 has something in the works here which should answer all the questions that might be asked plus a bunch that might not.
Hold tight until charlie posts some artwork I have done for him on this subject.

Dv
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I am running behind. I hope to get it going tomorrow night. Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
gnash

Post by gnash »

I hope the spread sheet will be able to work with my Flow Performance FP1. They use the top row, row A for input.
A1 test pressure
A2 cfm
A3 cfm
A4 velocity
They recommend leaving the entire row A open for further data.
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

David Vizard wrote:

Kind regards,

Pekka
As things stand at the moment the program is solely based on an MS Excel spreads sheet. This is fine if you are an Excel user but things could be a little more user friendly. To that end Stan Weise is converting it to a much easier to use program. It is a fairly long haul to do this but I am sure Stan's skills will win the day. As soon as it is out I will let everyone (well nearly everyone) know.

DV
Looking for some sample output files from programs like Performance Trends Port Flow Analyzer, etc. What I want to do is be able to import the lift and flow data from these files and not to have the User have to retype that information.

Stan

email - Stan Weiss<srweiss@erols.com>
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

OK guy's there are too MANY THREADS DISCUSSING THIS NEW PROGRAM. i AM GOING TO PUT ALL MY POSTINGS CONCERNING SUCH ON THE 289 THREAD REFERENCING 'PORT ENERGY'

DV
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

Stan Weiss wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:25 pm
David Vizard wrote:

Kind regards,

Pekka

DV
Looking for some sample output files from programs like Performance Trends Port Flow Analyzer, etc. What I want to do is be able to import the lift and flow data from these files and not to have the User have to retype that information.

Stan

email - Stan Weiss<srweiss@erols.com>
Well it has been a couple of years since I posted this. No one every said I was fast. :lol: I believe that I have the file format (other than if velocity was mapped) figured out. So does anyone have an files that they are willing to share? I do not care what heads the files are from as a super pro stock head has no more value to me in this testing than a stock 260 ci SBF head.

Thanks
Stan

email - Stan Weiss<s_r_w_e_i_s_s_1@comcast.net> -- please remove _
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
RevTheory
Guru
Guru