Russian made ti valves

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ijames
Expert
Expert

Re: Russian made ti valves

Post by ijames »

barnym17 wrote:Another interesting story is how nasa spent major bucks to find a pen that would write in the zero gravity of space,the Russian solution -send a pencil.
Good story, but not true. First, nasa didn't spend anything, Fisher developed the pressurized "space pen" on their own and gave them to nasa for the free advertising. Second, pencils aren't the perfect answer because what do you do with the dust and shavings when you have to sharpen one in space? How do you catch it all so they don't cause problems? Not insurmountable, but often ignored when repeating the story :-).
Carl Ijames, chemist not engine builder
carl ddott ijames aatt verizon ddott net
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

ijames wrote: Good story, but not true. First, nasa didn't spend anything, Fisher developed the pressurized "space pen" on their own and gave them to nasa for the free advertising. Second, pencils aren't the perfect answer because what do you do with the dust and shavings when you have to sharpen one in space? How do you catch it all so they don't cause problems? Not insurmountable, but often ignored when repeating the story :-).
When D.A.R.Y.L. borrowed the SR-71 (made from Russian Titanium -- see the connection?) he used chewing gum to block the in-cabin camera. Chewing gum can also be used to cover the opening on the pencil sharpener.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
barnym17
Guru
Guru

Post by barnym17 »

you use a mechanical pencil no sharpener needed.
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

ptuomov wrote:Two jokes on the Soviet goods quality.

---

A Chinese man used a hand grenade as a nut cracker for 25 years. Fortunately, the hand grenade was made in Soviet Union.

---

Question: What does not fit in your butt and does not buzz?
Answer: A Soviet butt-buzzing device.

That's a good one right there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^damn funny.
clshore
Expert
Expert

Post by clshore »

Before we get all 'high and mighty', just look around at our crumbling infrastructure ...
Roads, bridges, buildings ... and our social institutions.
We just finished a crushing election cycle, and look what we wound up with ...

Looks like the Russians are going to be our new BFF ...

Don't like my political comments?
Don't blame me, someone else opened the door here.
I prefer to discuss 'Speed Talk' issues, there are forums on this Board where politics are OK.
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

clshore wrote:Before we get all 'high and mighty', just look around at our crumbling infrastructure ...

I prefer to discuss 'Speed Talk' issues, there are forums on this Board where politics are OK.

If you think Russia is a better place to live, have at it.

Russia has been ass backwards for centuries. The only technology they have was either stolen from US, or WE gave it to them through turds like FDR, TRUMAN and the joker known as Eisenhower.

Russia can't feed itself, even though it has some on the best agricultural land on the planet. It can't produce even the most menial of devices for the population to this day.

Facts hurt. But they are still facts.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Russia invented the AK-47 which is regarded as the best gun ever invented and has been kicking our asses since the Vietnam war. The Mig-15 was also regarded as the best fighter aircraft in the late 40's. They beat us into space.

Of course now China is kicking every one's asses with an annual growth rate over 10% a year. Hopefully Trump can get some of our jobs and industry back from them.
Joe Facciano
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

http://www.titanium-valve.com/

Egorevsky proezd 2A, building 1A
109382, Moscow, Russia

Phone: +7 (916) 520 2767

Fax: +7 (495) 648 9753

Email: info@titanium-valve.com

X-Ti LLC manufactures valves from mil-spec certified titanium alloys used in the aerospace industry, and also from special heatproof titanium alloys which we employ for especially severe valve operating conditions.

X-Ti LLC technology enables us to produce titanium valves from a single blank without resorting to weld joints. Thanks to this we obtain the optimum structure of metal in the valve and this gives us an advantage over other manufacturers.

X-Ti LLC utilises PVD and CVD coatings as well as a traditional CRN and also new coatings which possess unique properties that are specially developed for titanium valves.

We produce titanium valves to any specification according to our clients’ requirements and ensure complete confidentiality.

The use of advanced technologies, high-precision equipment and modern control methods as well as X-Ti LLC’s unique experience of working with titanium alloys and our business ties with the leading research institutes result in the high quality and reliability of the valves we manufacture.
X-Ti Llc - Profile

X-Ti LLC was founded in 2000 and has science-driven, hi-tech manufacturing facilities for producing components from titanium alloys.

X-Ti LLC has the know-how to produce titanium components for high-power engines which operate under the most severe conditions, including supercharging and high rotational frequency.

The basis of the production programme is valves, connecting rods, retainers, high-strength fasteners.

Our Company has over 10 successful years of experience and we offer our clients world-standard components which meet the strict requirements of modern motor sport.

You can find our products throughout the world: in the MX World Championship, World Superbike, the American races, the Dakar Rally and many others.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
clshore
Expert
Expert

Post by clshore »

statsystems wrote:
clshore wrote:Before we get all 'high and mighty', just look around at our crumbling infrastructure ...

If you think Russia is a better place to live, have at it.

Russia has been ass backwards for centuries. The only technology they have was either stolen from US, or WE gave it to them through turds like FDR, TRUMAN and the joker known as Eisenhower.

Russia can't feed itself, even though it has some on the best agricultural land on the planet. It can't produce even the most menial of devices for the population to this day.

Facts hurt. But they are still facts.
I don't think Russia is a better place to live, I want to make sure we don't become them.

But the guy who just conned his way into the white house, who promised to "Make us Great Again"
and his GOP buddies are moving quickly to make us Just as Great as Russia is now, by turning us into exactly the same thing.

So yes, facts DO hurt.
Wake up, I suggest that you look around, and maybe see them for yourself.
Or maybe it's YOU that thinks Russia is better, and we ought to become like them?

BTW, if you are looking to place some blame, add Fred Koch to your list, Russia is where he made his fortune.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

When I visited Moscow it did not inspire me to live there but I met many extremely intelligent and warm-hearted people.

I was there for a conference on Soviet information warfare techniques. It is very evident they have not lost their touch.
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

JoePorting wrote:Russia invented the AK-47 which is regarded as the best gun ever invented and has been kicking our asses since the Vietnam war. The Mig-15 was also regarded as the best fighter aircraft in the late 40's. They beat us into space.

Of course now China is kicking every one's asses with an annual growth rate over 10% a year. Hopefully Trump can get some of our jobs and industry back from them.
Germans got there first.

https://www.pinterest.com/jarrspide/gun ... gewehr-44/
clshore
Expert
Expert

Post by clshore »

dfarr67 wrote:
JoePorting wrote:Russia invented the AK-47 which is regarded as the best gun ever invented and has been kicking our asses since the Vietnam war. The Mig-15 was also regarded as the best fighter aircraft in the late 40's. They beat us into space.

Germans got there first.

https://www.pinterest.com/jarrspide/gun ... gewehr-44/
The post said 'best gun', not 'first assault rifle'.
AK-47 is crude and unsophisticated.
It's also brutally effective, even in the worst conditions, and will deliver lethality to your enemy, while they are busy trying to keep their weapons working.
hpetew

Post by hpetew »

The best vacuum tubes currently manufactured come from former soviet bloc countries. I don't think I'd buy an intake valve from them though.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

hpetew wrote:The best vacuum tubes currently manufactured come from former soviet bloc countries. I don't think I'd buy an intake valve from them though.
you got a lot of use for vacuum tubes? LOL
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

I hope we as a race can stop measuring the worth of a nation by how many brilliant weapons of war they create or invent. We can certainly say that at one time the Russians defeated more sophisticated weapons of war and warfare that the Germans threw at them in WWII. The only problem in their success at doing that was they had sacrifice about 20 MILLION of their men killed to achieve the goal!
In my opinion way to big of a price to pay to prove the point of how successful the Russian war machine has been! Lets hope they can build and provide us with better TI valves and less Kalashnikovs! :roll:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink: