Carb tuning on a tunnel ram

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pamotorman
Guru
Guru
Re: Carb tuning on a tunnel ram

Post by pamotorman »

Casper393W wrote:Makes since, it could be killing the signal to the booster causing it not to meter the fuel correctly! I have been running Edelbrock foam triangle filters because the clear the hood... I have heard a ton of bad things about these filters! I tried running it without any filters last night and you are right the problem got worse...
any air cleaner top should clear the bowl vent by at least 1/2 inch and cutting the bowl vent on a 45 degree angle will help if you are close.
Casper393W
Pro
Pro

Post by Casper393W »

Well I put a set of 50cc accelerator pumps and Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!
lg1969

Post by lg1969 »

There are two items to check. Replace the vacuum secondary spring with stiffer one and check for a clog in the air bleed or main jets. You can try increasing the jets size on the secondary.
Louis
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

If the carbs have the (plain) factory springs, they're pretty stiff. The secondaries in the 600 CFMs on my factory cross ram '70 Z28 didn't fully open until just under 7,000 RPM...
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

from the holley catalog
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Casper393W
Pro
Pro

Post by Casper393W »

Now that I have that fixed I plan on taking my gopro and mounting it under the hood to see when the secondaries open

Andy