Holley T-slot length difference

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

hank82
Holley T-slot length difference

Post by hank82 »

What is the theory behind a short T-slot vs a long T-slot? I understand the long t-slot feeds more fuel but what if its rich at the beginning of the exposure and then turns too lean at the end? I've played around with this on a long t-slot and can make it run a 13.8-15.5 afr while cruising but get right to the end of the slot right before the boosters come in and it goes stupid lean bouncing between 16.0-20.0 afr. Wonder if milling off some of the baseplate where the main body sits say .010-. 015 thousandths to shorten the t-slot would help this.
Tuner
Guru
Guru
Re: Holley T-slot length difference

Post by Tuner »

If yours is actually lean, not a too-rich misfire, try a smaller IAB. It's real easy to make the slot too rich, so it is unusual it acts too lean.

Keep in mind any misfire, including a too-rich misfire, causes a WBO2 to deliver a lean reading.

http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org ... 086#p13086
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

What if you do something to get the throttle closed more at idle and thus save more slot for later to avoid having a hole before the main can start. You could drill a hole in the throttle plate or open the rear throttles a little bit.
hank82

Post by hank82 »

Tuner wrote:If yours is actually lean, not a too-rich misfire, try a smaller IAB. It's real easy to make the slot too rich, so it is unusual it acts too lean.

Keep in mind any misfire, including a too-rich misfire, causes a WBO2 to deliver a lean reading.

http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org ... 086#p13086
Tuner, I will try this theory today. When it gets between the t-slot and booster it starts surging and misfiring showing extrem lean on the wide band. I've ran the IAB down to .055 with no difference.
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

That's a sign it's too rich already. Go larger on IAB. (but you knew that :wink: )
hank82

Post by hank82 »

Tuner wrote:That's a sign it's too rich already. Go larger on IAB. (but you knew that :wink: )
The t-slot is .024 wide and .290 long.....ouch
Happy new year by the way sensei lol
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

T-slot restrictors...
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.