single dominator vs tunnel ram

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

quickd100
Pro
Pro

Re: single dominator vs tunnel ram

Post by quickd100 »

Mine see's several thousand street miles a year with one or two strip appearances. I'd never go back to a single plane and one carb. I hit the fuel pumps, give it two or three pumps of the throttle and hit the key and its running. Fantastic throttle response, zero flat spots, makes tremendous torque from off idle to redline. The fuel economy isn't to bad either IF you drive it nice.Dave
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/quickd100/9ff3c690.jpg[/img]
statsystems
Guru
Guru
Re: single dominator vs tunnel ram

Post by statsystems »

prairiehotrodder wrote:Has anyone had experience with the Holley Pro-dominator BBC tunnel ram? Its not being made any more. The part number is 701R-32 and 300-32. The carbs are slightly offset from each other instead of being perfectly inline. I found a used one that comes with a pair of Dean Nicherson Methanol carbs.
Brian

Don't know about the carbs but the Holley Pro Dominator is still my favorite cast TR. They work out of the box, with porting or even with some welding.

In fact, if I had the choice, I'd probably use the PD before a sheet metal TR unless the sheet metal TR was free until proven or had a written money back provision.