Mopar back in Cup?

Post by Krooser »

Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Mopar back in Cup?

Post by Walter R. Malik »

For the good of the sport and the aftermarket ... I sure hope so.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

I just read they were pulling out of NHRA Pro Stock I guess due to the falling spectator interest in the sport.
They pulled out of NASCAR couple years ago due to same thing. What are they trying to do?
If you want sales to go up concentrate on affordable street type muscle cars which is something of a joke nowdays!
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

427dart wrote:I just read they were pulling out of NHRA Pro Stock I guess due to the falling spectator interest in the sport.
They pulled out of NASCAR couple years ago due to same thing. What are they trying to do?
If you want sales to go up concentrate on affordable street type muscle cars which is something of a joke nowdays!

They see the writing on the wall in Pro Stock in its present configuration. That class is on its last leg. Cost much too high for return on money and cars absolutely dont look like our cars. Engines even worse. Cant even fill a full field now.
reed
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

racear2865 wrote:
427dart wrote:I just read they were pulling out of NHRA Pro Stock I guess due to the falling spectator interest in the sport.

They see the writing on the wall in Pro Stock in its present configuration. That class is on its last leg. Cost much too high for return on money and cars absolutely dont look like our cars. Engines even worse. Cant even fill a full field now.
reed

So a nascar car looks like a showroom car? Nope, it don't.

Both NHRA and nascar made big mistakes in letting 4 door junk shit become race cars that have 2 doors. If 4 doors is so cool, and you want to sell what you win with, they should be 4 doors.
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

That's the same deal with nascar! Both sanctioning bodies need to scrap everything they are doing now...go read a 1965 Hot Rod or Super/Stock Illus. magazine and see the excitement that was going on then! Then go back to that...Race what you BUILD and SELL on Monday!!
The cars NHRA call Stock and Super Stock these days is crazy!
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

Today's teens and 20 somethings have little interest in cars. Why dream of a factory muscle car that cost 40-70 thousand bucks!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

427dart wrote:Today's teens and 20 somethings have little interest in cars. Why dream of a factory muscle car that cost 40-70 thousand bucks!
That is mainly because years ago, young people used to be able to modify and work on their own vehicles with minimal effort.
That simply can't happen anymore ... even if they wanted to.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

There are many reasons why our racing bodies have gone down the road they have and are going down. All the racing bodies have gotten so large, that they are running them like a business and looking at "nothing" but profits. They have forgotten what got that business to what it is and that is the appeal of Americans to speed and American V8 power. The problem is they have been lobbied, Just like our Congress, to make changes with money and other businesses tied to the changes. The largest has been TV coverage. You can no longer go purchase any of the parts they have. All engines are really private enterprises. You have large sponsors that have multiple cars both in Nascar and NHRA and all the sponsors want to sale their own products. BUT one of the largest problems has surfaced in all "PRO" entities which includes Football, Baseball, Basket ball, drag racing and Nascar and that is that all have gotten so expensive that you can no longer afford to carry the family and as a result, the older generation is all that goes, no kids so we are no longer family oriented. And yes, our kids and grandchildren have never seen auto as we have and they surely have never worked on theirs. sad sad.
many more comments and thoughts but time to quit.
reed
Diodedog
Pro
Pro

Post by Diodedog »

Here's a link from Classracer discussing a rumor that NHRA is in trouble and making some changes and cuts next year, bad management and changing times are responsible IMO. http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=64530
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

Another thing comes down to jobs or the lack of incentive to get one!
When I was 20 I was in my 2nd year as an apprentice Toolmaker working at a small shop making 3.00 bucks per hour.
Bought my first new car a new 1974 Z/28 Camaro..what was I thinking buying a Chevy...anyway I had my own insurance too.
Yes still living at home but got married the next year. But still had money to buy the hot parts for it.
At age 22 we bought our first home and when I think about it my wife and I could afford to buy more rib eye steak back then than we can now!
Anyway not many 22 yr.olds buying homes nowdays!
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

427dart wrote:Another thing comes down to jobs or the lack of incentive to get one!
When I was 20 I was in my 2nd year as an apprentice Toolmaker working at a small shop making 3.00 bucks per hour.
Bought my first new car a new 1974 Z/28 Camaro..what was I thinking buying a Chevy...anyway I had my own insurance too.
Yes still living at home but got married the next year. But still had money to buy the hot parts for it.
At age 22 we bought our first home and when I think about it my wife and I could afford to buy more rib eye steak back then than we can now!

Now we all know the answer to that. How many I-phones is in each house hold, How many I-Pads. How many TV and play boxes. How many have $60,000 autos. How many take 3 vacations with flights and how many only pay interest on the credit cards. That will answer you on why 22's dont purchase homes.
reed
ssregal39

Post by ssregal39 »

427dart wrote:Another thing comes down to jobs or the lack of incentive to get one!
Yep. Cost of living is through roof and wages have not kept up.
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

racear2865 wrote:

Now we all know the answer to that. How many I-phones is in each house hold, How many I-Pads. How many TV and play boxes. How many have $60,000 autos. How many take 3 vacations with flights and how many only pay interest on the credit cards. That will answer you on why 22's dont purchase homes.
reed
We were very happy with our 16 buck telephone bill back then....pay phones were everywhere....didn't need to talk or be tuned in while driving...still don't....and then we had 15 channels on cable TV..now we have hundreds and nothing worth a crap is on more than 6!
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

427dart wrote:
racear2865 wrote:

reed
We were very happy with our 16 buck telephone bill back then....pay phones were everywhere....didn't need to talk or be tuned in while driving...still don't....and then we had 15 channels on cable TV..now we have hundreds and nothing worth a crap is on more than 6!

Where the hell did yall have 15 channels. We had 4. Im calling foul. That is all just wrong.
reed