Brad Penn NLA?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Mike Croley
Re: Brad Penn NLA?

Post by Mike Croley »

My427stang wrote:I just bought a case of Brad Penn 30W break in oil, maybe just shelf stock? I hope the stuff is still available, or the same in new packaging, because so far it has worked pretty well for me with SFT street motors.

However, I also would like to echo a comment about "the same formulation as Kendall Green" I also call BS, I am not sure what is in the oil compared to it, whether it is better or worse, but I was a Kendall fan, and it was green, but not food coloring green like Brad Penn, it was more of a Pearlescent (sp?) green almost metallic looking out of the bottle. Since Brad Penn cam out, it has never looked like that. Doesn't mean it's better or worse, but I always notice it and call the BS on the formula too

To the crowd, what's the next best multi-grade if this is indeed not as good or significantly changes price? I have used VR-1, although choices are more limited, some local guys like Schaeffer but I haven't tried it, Joe Gibbs stuff is pretty expensive, any other options if this turns out to be a bust?
Renegade Racing Fuels offers a great Synthetic blend racing oil, from the 30wt. Break in oil to the straight 70 wt. and everything in between.
Mike Croley
Florida Master Dist. for Renegade Racing Fuels/Methanol
386-341-4308