427/434 sbc

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

user-612937456

Re: 427/434 sbc

Post by user-612937456 »

Stay away from skip white he is an unscrupulous dealer He is a crook I have been burnt by him in the pase only to find out how many others he has burnt. His Uncle Fred White performance which has been in business for many years is the salt of the earth compared to Skip which used fred as a launching platform for his business a few years ago. Fred doesn't care much at all for Skip. White performance has almost the same products for the same price.http://www.whiteperformance.com/ You cant go wrong with Big Joe he has a great reputation also.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

bigjoe1 wrote:Please use the PM feature

JOE SHERMAN RACING
OP, I'd be on this in a heartbeat.
Sky rocket

Post by Sky rocket »

RevTheory wrote:

JOE SHERMAN RACING
I've spoken to big Joe.
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

gvx wrote:Stay away from skip white he is an unscrupulous dealer He is a crook I have been burnt by him in the pase only to find out how many others he has burnt. His Uncle Fred White performance which has been in business for many years is the salt of the earth compared to Skip which used fred as a launching platform for his business a few years ago. Fred doesn't care much at all for Skip. White performance has almost the same products for the same price.http://www.whiteperformance.com/ You cant go wrong with Big Joe he has a great reputation also.
I didn't realize that they were separate entities.
So much to do, so little time...
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

gvx wrote:Stay away from skip white he is an unscrupulous dealer He is a crook I have been burnt by him in the pase only to find out how many others he has burnt. His Uncle Fred White performance which has been in business for many years is the salt of the earth compared to Skip which used fred as a launching platform for his business a few years ago. Fred doesn't care much at all for Skip. White performance has almost the same products for the same price.http://www.whiteperformance.com/ You cant go wrong with Big Joe he has a great reputation also.
I was going to say, that's the exact same wording for all of those parts from Skip White's page. I, however, cannot comment on the quality/integrity of him. And it's not that I'm refraining, I simply have no experience with him.
Sky rocket

Post by Sky rocket »

Zmechanic wrote:
I was going to say, that's the exact same wording for all of those parts from Skip White's page. I, however, cannot comment on the quality/integrity of him. And it's not that I'm refraining, I simply have no experience with him.
Oh yeah same family but different shop.
user-612937456

Post by user-612937456 »

Sky rocket wrote:
Zmechanic wrote:
Oh yeah same family but different shop.
Different integrity and morals also and Fred is much older and more knowledgeable and has his shop surrounded with the right people I cant think of his name Chris Webb Maybe his head engine builder used to be head of Morgan McClure Motorsports sprint engine program before the team consolidated with Yates? its been a while hopefully someone can correct me if my statements are wrong
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

rfoll wrote:Skip White has very good deals on their packages, but it results in huge volume sales, and errors and customer service suffer as a result.
Some people aren't happy with a goose that poops golden eggs, put together a 383 balanced kit from them, ran 2 years to 7500-8000 in a dirt track car, long straights, heavy car, lots of gear, raced April through October, broke a rod bolt when he decided to see if he could run pump gas in a 13.5-1 engine, eagle 4340 crank, scat h beam, mahle forged pistons, going back together with 2 new rods and 1 new piston, new rod bolts
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

levisnteeshirt wrote:
rfoll wrote:Skip White has very good deals on their packages, but it results in huge volume sales, and errors and customer service suffer as a result.
Some people aren't happy with a goose that poops golden eggs, put together a 383 balanced kit from them, ran 2 years to 7500-8000 in a dirt track car, long straights, heavy car, lots of gear, raced April through October, broke a rod bolt when he decided to see if he could run pump gas in a 13.5-1 engine, eagle 4340 crank, scat h beam, mahle forged pistons, going back together with 2 new rods and 1 new piston, new rod bolts
I never said I was unhappy with Skip White, never ordered from him, don't have geese, don't expect to ever see a golden egg. The 2 people that I know that ordered from him complained of long delivery times and errors in the order. They were nearly impossible to get on the phone.
So much to do, so little time...
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

I ordered the last 496 rotating assy. from Skip. Had to change pistons in the middle of the order due to a customer change. Got them on the phone easily, talked to a guy who seemed knowledgeable, made the change with zero problems and got the kit in a week and a half. I have no knowledge of the family stuff discussed here but they have served me well.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."
greywolf
Expert
Expert

Post by greywolf »

Sky rocket wrote:
RevTheory wrote:

JOE SHERMAN RACING
I've spoken to big Joe.
Then your homework is done and you have found a highly capable builder. :D
When I turned 47 years old, I entered into my 5th decade of drag racing.