BAM Products Solid Roller Lifters?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Re: BAM Products Solid Roller Lifters?

Post by SupStk »

I ordered a single set of his bushing lifters at a customers request. Talked to Brad at length and I felt he was straight up and honest. The lifters arrived on time and was on size with the offsets needed. He don't do all the component part manufacturing but does assemble them himself. Special orders aren't a problem. Can order oversized bodies, oiling options, offsets ECT.
If I recall correctly it takes 10 sets to get the "good-guy" discount.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

I posted about USA made Bam lifters on August 11 2013.... Brad Miller was director of Manufacturing Engineering @Crane Cams from 1996 to 2009 .
Chris Straub said "they would be short lived". Looks like they are still in operation 5 years later.
krisr

Post by krisr »

I've got a set of BAM bushed solid roller lifters in my Pontiac engine. I bought them second hand from a gentleman that ran them in his NA Poncho motor for Drag Week 2016 I think it was... then decided to switch from solid roller to hydraulic roller + turbo. When I got them they looked virtually brand new and all measured within +- 0.0005". Have had zero issues with my set yet and don't envisage any issues either.
houser45
Pro
Pro

Post by houser45 »

amc fan wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 am I posted about USA made Bam lifters on August 11 2013.... Brad Miller was director of Manufacturing Engineering @Crane Cams from 1996 to 2009 .
Chris Straub said "they would be short lived". Looks like they are still in operation 5 years later.
I wonder why that was said? I have seen just as many sprint car engines come in with Bam lifters as i have crowers.
Old School
Pro
Pro

Post by Old School »

houser45 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:39 am
amc fan wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 am I posted about USA made Bam lifters on August 11 2013.... Brad Miller was director of Manufacturing Engineering @Crane Cams from 1996 to 2009 .
I wonder why that was said? I have seen just as many sprint car engines come in with Bam lifters as i have crowers.
There's been some snide comments on here from folks that I would bet have never used a BAM lifter, probably never seen a set. I have two sets in use. One in a 582 bbc 20 degree heads that has 300 on the seat and 850 open. Going on 4 years and 250 plus runs and the valve lash doesn't vary. One set in a 632 with 360 seat and 1100 open going on 150 runs. Again the lash is rock solid when checked. I do not offer an opinion if I do not have personal experience with a product. There is no reason to trash BAM lifters to follow the herd or try to promote your favorite brand. Get a set, you will have to buy them from a dealer, they are not sold to the general public.
ou812
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ou812 »

We use Brad's lifters all the time, no problems and great customer service...these are lifters, not hooodooo voooodooo...ha ha!
Brian Hafliger
IMM Engine & Dyno

http://www.immengines.com
http://www.neilhepburn.com
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro

Post by Charliesauto »

ou812 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:59 pm We use Brad's lifters all the time, no problems and great customer service...these are lifters, not hooodooo voooodooo...ha ha!
Just received a set of BAM lifters from Brad Miller, these are SBF application. As has been discussed on numerous forums, sizing for aftermarket lifters is always a concern.

We have used Jesel, Morel, Crower, Comp and others. As others have noted, Crower, Comp etc. can be on the small size for blocks with no lifter bushings, these usually measure .8725" - .8730" which often results in .0025"-.0032" clearance. The Morels we have used measure .8740"-.8743" which can result in as little as .001" clearance, which a little tight.

The spec for the BAM lifter is .8737" + or - .0003", the set I received measure from .08735"-.8739", which is pretty much what he told me they would check.

These may be ideal for applications where you don't want to sleeve the lifter bores and you don't have the ability to hone for the Morels.