Valve job for Toyota 4 valve

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

lewy-d
Valve job for Toyota 4 valve

Post by lewy-d »

hello, please bear with me & if this has been answered, just point me in the right direction.
I'd like to know what top and bottom angles to use on a couple of toyota 4 valve heads. the shop that's doing them
has a newen machine, so it seems easy enough to spec whatever is correct/best. These are for a 1ZZFE,a 5SFE, and a 3SGTE. also if anyone has any suggestions about seat width, I'd love to hear from you.
I guess I'm kinda thinking about the area/angle under the seat. Maybe a change there could be helpful?

thanks,
Lewis
lada ok
Guru
Guru

Re: Valve job for Toyota 4 valve

Post by lada ok »

Well i'd go with a std INTAKE 3 or 4 cut angle seat in the head, as long as you have 10 - 15 thou 45 deg seat and back cut the valve itself
EXHAUST ... maybe just ' plain jane, no last name
user-9613590

Post by user-9613590 »

Well,at least the 3S-GTE have such a seats that there is no altrnative to original seat.Nothing to cut unless oversize valves,The port come about at 70 degree to 45 seat
For others traditional 60/45/30 with 1-1,3 mm wide seat.
Relieving the chamber is more important.Even while you lose compression the improved flow offsets it.
Just done gen 2 4A-FE head and now 5* gear is for city driving.No need for automatic when you are on move just use throttle;no shifting needed.
wil8115
Pro
Pro

Post by wil8115 »

i use sunnen cutters 17258 for Intake and 17536 for exhaust.
A small deshroud cut helps also.
and yes the small backcut(30-33) helps the low lifts, which these 16v heads max out at about .325"-.375"..
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

different Toyota 4V head... 4AGE... from the TRD building manuals

The factory service manuals do have 3 angles listed for the 3SGTE, and the 5SFE.....
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

--R. Buckminster Fuller