Pump gas 496 hyd roller build and dyno test

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Re: Pump gas 496 hyd roller build and dyno test

Post by vortecpro »

GARY C wrote:Those that don't believe details matter might want to read this.
Details DO matter
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40036

Anyone that wants to learn these details and what the are worth I would suggest getting some of David Vizards books their a good place to start.
Gary did you have to do that, darn, now everybody going to know all the secrets...... :mrgreen:
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.
vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Re: Pump gas 496 hyd roller build and dyno test

Post by vortecpro »

CUTLASSEFI

I'm all ears. Please show me where you posted back to back dyno pulls at water temps of 120 and 170 respectively. You've talked about it many times. I've never seen one from you.

I've posted this before too, and you've chosen to ignore this as well. What the last line say? "Heat kills power".
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/cc ... ewall.html
And that's with aluminum heads.

My dyno guy is Kevin Willis in Auburndale Fl. Look him up. He just did some stuff for Fast Fords mag in Sept of last year. He routinely gets told to do a "cheater pull" at the end of a dyno session in which he drains his water tank and cools off the dyno cell. Just a difference of 20-30 degrees of water temp is typically worth 10hp or more. If it doesn't matter then post back to backs and prove me wrong.

VORTECPRO
Well OK here you go again..... :D
http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/rac ... -test.html

I have never drained my water tank ever during a dyno test.
My dyno test above show 1 hp difference between 133 and 158 degrees, as presented to you on YOUR Oldsmobile forum almost 2 years ago.
I run my car at the track as it was dyno tested, makes sense to me.
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.