accusump question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Re: accusump question

Post by Belgian1979 »

from engine to oil cooler, oil cooler to remote oil filter (ford type with return flow inhibitor) to engine block. The accusump is plugged in the line after the oil filter and before it goes into the block.

Steady 25 psi. I was just doing startup tuning a couple of days ago and it never dropped below 25 psi despite it sometimes took me quite a while before restarting the engine.
Oil pressure does fluctuate somewhat after starting which is normal as it refills, but never goes below 35-40 psi when idling.

I have been thinking about having the electric valve controlled by the ecu to fine tune its behavior. Just haven't gotten around to it as I have more important things to deal with and it functions ok as it is.
John@RED

Post by John@RED »

Belgian1979 wrote:from engine to oil cooler, oil cooler to remote oil filter (ford type with return flow inhibitor) to engine block. The accusump is plugged in the line after the oil filter and before it goes into the block.

That's how it is plumbed mine too, but i was thinking about moving it BEFORE the oil filter to get filtered everything out of it to the block. Yes, in this way Accusump will be unfiltered
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

John@RED wrote:
Belgian1979 wrote:from engine to oil cooler, oil cooler to remote oil filter (ford type with return flow inhibitor) to engine block. The accusump is plugged in the line after the oil filter and before it goes into the block.

That's how it is plumbed mine too, but i was thinking about moving it BEFORE the oil filter to get filtered everything out of it to the block. Yes, in this way Accusump will be unfiltered
any oil that is in the accusump has to pass through the filter and for that reason is already filtered prior to entering. I don't see the problem.
John@RED

Post by John@RED »

Belgian1979 wrote:
John@RED wrote:

any oil that is in the accusump has to pass through the filter and for that reason is already filtered prior to entering. I don't see the problem.

I'm worried for all the parts in the Accusump system (tanl, epc valve, pipes, hose ends) that could contaminate the oil with particles in case of a failure.
Yes, probably, overrating it
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

John@RED wrote:
Belgian1979 wrote:
John@RED wrote:

I'm worried for all the parts in the Accusump system (tanl, epc valve, pipes, hose ends) that could contaminate the oil with particles in case of a failure.
Yes, probably, overrating it
If cleaned properly prior to install, there shouldn't be a worry imo.
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

The accusump has moving parts so there will be wear and debris, albeit not much. If I was doing one from scratch, the filter would be at the end. I wouldn't change a working setup if that was the only thing I didn't like.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

In-Tech wrote:The accusump has moving parts so there will be wear and debris, albeit not much. If I was doing one from scratch, the filter would be at the end. I wouldn't change a working setup if that was the only thing I didn't like.
Internally it has an o-ring. It's not like it's going to create metal shavings.
BOSS 429

Post by BOSS 429 »

yes a one way valve is needed, I have tested all kinds of diff ways to do this with the oil pan off,yes off. made a hell of a mess
4sfed
Pro
Pro
4sfed

Post by 4sfed »

BOSS 429 wrote:yes a one way valve is needed, I have tested all kinds of diff ways to do this with the oil pan off,yes off. made a hell of a mess
I'm lost ... where are you putting the check valve?
Thanks
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

BOSS 429 wrote:yes a one way valve is needed, I have tested all kinds of diff ways to do this with the oil pan off,yes off. made a hell of a mess
Depends where you plumb it and what filter you use. I use a ford filter that is build not to have oil backflowing. So I don't need a one way valve (which restricts flow btw)
BOSS 429

Post by BOSS 429 »

on the bb fords we plum them into the rear of the engine, NOT the spot by the filter< in this spot it fills the filter,and goes to the oil pump first before any bearing sees oil. In the rear it goes to the rear first then forward to lifters ect.. if you have an ext filter we always install a 1 way valve,so it goes to the engine,and not in the hose going to the filter, same on ext oil pump.
BOSS 429
Re: 4sfed

Post by BOSS 429 »

4sfed wrote:
I'm lost ... where are you putting the check valve?
Thanks

on a bbf no check valve is needed,IF plumb in rear, I should of said that