New Kid On The Block cylinder Heads??.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

lorax
Guru
Guru
Re: New Kid On The Block cylinder Heads??.

Post by lorax »

cspeier wrote:I offer a CNC import head and it's rather nice casting.

Been through many issue free pallets.

Thinking it's the same supplier as White's.

Yongyu is a typical aftermarket cylinder head Manufacture. Their main market is Japanese car cylinder head for Middle East area.
SBC, SBF or BBC?
Skip makes no pretense where his BBc heads come from at least not anymore. As far as I know the NKB head is only available in the SBC as of right now. Far as I know, there isn't multiple sources for the RHS/Pro Topline clone head. There are other import heads, but they don't look like a RHS/Pro Topline.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

lorax wrote:
cspeier wrote:I offer a CNC import head and it's rather nice casting.

Been through many issue free pallets.

Thinking it's the same supplier as White's.

Yongyu is a typical aftermarket cylinder head Manufacture. Their main market is Japanese car cylinder head for Middle East area.
SBC, SBF or BBC?
Skip makes no pretense where his BBc heads come from at least not anymore. As far as I know the NKB head is only available in the SBC as of right now. Far as I know, there isn't multiple sources for the RHS/Pro Topline clone head. There are other import heads, but they don't look like a RHS/Pro Topline.
Not the same company then. They offer SBC, SBF, BBC, and LS

These are dart copies in SBC and SBF.

Not sure what the BBC is a copy of.. I don't like it much.
BrazilianZ28Camaro
Guru
Guru

Post by BrazilianZ28Camaro »

lorax wrote:
CNC BLOCKS wrote:Most if not all Chinese casting are not heat treated either.
Whats the heat treatment regime for recycled aluminum of an unknown alloy?

The best treatment in this case would be:

Throw the castings into a oven at 4000F for two hours. :wink:
'71 Z28 street strip car
Pump gas All motor SBC 427
3308 lbs-29x10.5 Hoosiers
NEW BEST ET
1.38 60' / 4.05 330' / 6.32@111.25mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99p13UK ... ture=share
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

cspeier wrote:

Not the same company then. They offer SBC, SBF, BBC, and LS

These are dart copies in SBC and SBF.

Not sure what the BBC is a copy of.. I don't like it much.
I would say this is a pretty close copy myself. As mentioned in an earlier post, the same casting as the PBM Strike Force head.
Is it a better casting than the ProCrap head? Probably. Couldn't possibly be any worse.

user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

The strike force chamber is nowhere close to a Dart copy. It's a pro comp chamber.

My core is.

Pro Comp Chamber.

Last edited by user-9274568 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Is there an easy way to tell if an aluminum head is heat treated without expensive equipment?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

cspeier wrote:The strike force chamber is nowhere close to a Dart copy. It's a pro comp chamber.

My core is.
Chamber is a pretty easy thing to change in tooling,
I am not sure who is behind that head. Maybe a joint venture with a couple companies like PBM and Blueprint. Who knows,
Maybe dieselgeek will clue us in,
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

lorax wrote:
cspeier wrote:The strike force chamber is nowhere close to a Dart copy. It's a pro comp chamber.

My core is.
I am not sure who is behind that head. Maybe a joint venture with a couple companies like PBM and Blueprint. Who knows,

I told you where it came from. PBM and Blueprint have nothing to do with it. Doesn't really matter.

In fact the CNC program goes right into a Dart core. Done it many times, chamber and all.
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

cspeier wrote:
lorax wrote:

My core is.

I told you where it came from. PBM and Blueprint have nothing to do with it. Doesn't really matter.

In fact the CNC program goes right into a Dart core. Done it many times, chamber and all.
I know you said who was manufacturing them. I know very well where they DIDN'T come from.
But I doubt they are making that head for your sole use, and I imagine they could very well have customers with a much larger market than yourself. You think the company forging SGI rods and cranks only supplies SGI?
So do you advertise those heads as 356 T6 virgin aluminum?
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I know you said who was manufacturing them. I know very well where they DIDN'T come from.
But I doubt they are making that head for your sole use, and I imagine they could very well have customers with a much larger market than yourself. You think the company forging SGI rods and cranks only supplies SGI?
I advertise them as Import heads. I don't hide anything. I let the customer make that decision. See for yourself. And checkout the quote.. http://www.speierracingheads.com/SRH2.50BUDGET.htm

Where DIDN'T they come from?
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

cspeier wrote:
I advertise them as Import heads. I don't hide anything. I let the customer make that decision. See for yourself. And checkout the quote.. http://www.speierracingheads.com/SRH2.50BUDGET.htm

I tip my hat to your straight forwardness, as opposed to the company this thread is about. Same of very similar head, possibly from the same foundry, and not a word as to their origin, or material, or treatment. Just that they are better than a ProCrap. DUH!!
I have no problem with buying anything, made anywhere. But I don't care for it when some try to avoid or even allude that the whatever is made somewhere it is not. Like I said, a whole lot of ProCrap heads were sold as being Australian castings.

As for where I know they didn't originate from, I think that's pretty obvious.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

lorax wrote:
cspeier wrote:

I tip my hat to your straight forwardness, as opposed to the company this thread is about. Same of very similar head, possibly from the same foundry, and not a word as to their origin, or material, or treatment. Just that they are better than a ProCrap. DUH!!
I have no problem with buying anything, made anywhere. But I don't care for it when some try to avoid or even allude that the whatever is made somewhere it is not. Like I said, a whole lot of ProCrap heads were sold as being Australian castings.

As for where I know they didn't originate from, I think that's pretty obvious.
I sell one import head, I've done several for engine builders.

I remember now. I think this is the same casting as the KMJ Assualt head.
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I have messed with this head many times. It is a very good head and a nice copy of the Dart Platinum head. Because of the quality we have now got set up with Proheader to sell these heads. We needed a budget head to add to our line up because many people are on a tight budget. However there was no way I was going to sell another Procomp head. I am sure Skip is doing the same.

The only problem I have had with this head is I have broke through the casting over the apex of the shortside trying to make the area wider there. I tried to have it welded and the hole just kept moving down and I eventually gave up on that head and bought a new one. There are always limits to every head.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:I have messed with this head many times. It is a very good head and a nice copy of the Dart Platinum head. Because of the quality we have now got set up with Proheader to sell these heads. We needed a budget head to add to our line up because many people are on a tight budget. However there was no way I was going to sell another Procomp head. I am sure Skip is doing the same.

The only problem I have had with this head is I have broke through the casting over the apex of the shortside trying to make the area wider there. I tried to have it welded and the hole just kept moving down and I eventually gave up on that head and bought a new one. There are always limits to every head.

Glad to see you got hooked up with Proheader. Baldur and Rene are good guys.

That Ford head is pretty nice, don't you agree?

NICE for the budget guys because they still exist.
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

lorax wrote:

My core is.

Lorax, normally I love your posts but I think your presumption that "all castings from overseas that aren't Australia are simply junk" is not quite accurate. I'm one of two Calibration Engineers here, but I do work in Engineering so I asked about the picture as that is not a head I recognize in my 12 months with BluePrint (most satisfying job I ever had, and we have an outstanding customer service record, just do a little googling to confirm). Here is the answer I received:

We used the head in your picture but it was not our design. Our engineers and QC staff have been to the manufacturer and felt, and still feel, it was a well run outfit. But, we don't like using engine parts designed by someone else, so we designed our own 23 degree head with interchangeable port molds to make different sized runners. In all that's not a bad head, just not one we designed.

Remember, we put a long warranty on these parts and engines, and we do a lot of testing to make sure they'll last that long. In *my* experience, it doesn't matter where a part is cast. I have EFI customers making 10+ hp/ci on overseas blocks and heads - do you have customers doing that on domestic parts? I know BluePrint have engineers on the ground wherever our parts are made (some here, some overseas), making sure the parts match our drawings and quality minimums before we take ownership of them. The bottom line is, Quality is the responsibility of the guy selling you the part.
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com