BBC EFI Manifold

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

BBC EFI Manifold

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

Those of you that have been here a while are familiar with my BBC EFI manifold project and know that I have been struggling with a design for the plenum.

Now that I am just days away from finishing an air cleaner mold I think I might get back to this project.

I haven't been able to get what I want out of a front entry design so here is another top entry design. What do you think?

airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

Very nice injector placement ... What where you thinking about as far as TB mounting?

Dennis
andyf
Guru
Guru

Post by andyf »

I like it. How about an inline 4 bbl throttle body? Like the old Autolite carbs that were on the Cross Boss 302 manifolds?

I think it would be cool if someone would tool up a TB like that. It wouldn't be super expensive since it is just a slab of aluminum with 4 bores and a long throttle shaft. Those old Autolite carbs were probably a hassle to run but an inline 4 bbl throttle body would be dead simple.
Andy F.
AR Engineering
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

I like it. How about an inline 4 bbl throttle body?
Yah, that is what I was thinking.
Engineguy

Post by Engineguy »

airflowdevelop wrote:What where you thinking about as far as TB mounting?
Throttle? Vee dunt need no steenkin thottle! Wide open all the way, baby! :twisted:

Jon,

I've got a throttle idea I'll E-mail you (when I catch up responding to your other E-mails :oops: ) that might be ideal for this... and allow an oval air filter to seat right down between the opening and the injectors.
[size=150][url]http://www.SportsCarDesigner.com[/url] [color=deeppink].... You [u]want[/u] to design your own car... so go ahead.[/color][b] Sports Car Designer [/b][color=deeppink] is the answer.[/color][/size]
What else can you do with that gift card you got?