Dyno tune up---100 HP

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

1972ho
Guru
Guru
Re: Dyno tune up---100 HP

Post by 1972ho »

Joe do you remember what the A/F ratio on this motor was when it made the most power and did they know what it was when it was 10 jet sizes on the short side.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

my friends shop was dynoing a 9 degree 421 , it jumped around 70 hp when we found what timing it liked ,
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by bigjoe1 »

I am not able to give you any good news about the big tune up because they broke their rear end before they ever got to make a full pass. TO BAD-- On my old SF dyno, their before rejetting air to fuel was something way up in the 18 to one ratio. After all the rejetting and finding the best timing, it was in the 14 to one range, I do not remember the exact number. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

bigjoe1 wrote:I am not able to give you any good news about the big tune up because they broke their rear end before they ever got to make a full pass. TO BAD-- On my old SF dyno, their before rejetting air to fuel was something way up in the 18 to one ratio. After all the rejetting and finding the best timing, it was in the 14 to one range, I do not remember the exact number. JOE SHERMAN RACING
How are you measuring AFR?
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by bigjoe1 »

I just use the air turbine and fuel measuring equipment that came with my dyno. It might not be right, but I have twenty years of experience with the readings for comparison.

JOE SHERMAN RACING
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

bigjoe1 wrote:I just use the air turbine and fuel measuring equipment that came with my dyno. It might not be right, but I have twenty years of experience with the readings for comparison.

JOE SHERMAN RACING

Whatever the strain gauge likes!