Help interpreting dyno rsults

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Smoke ring
Re: Help interpreting dyno rsults

Post by Smoke ring »

mag2555 wrote:Your doing pretty darn good as your using 243 cfm of that 253 to make that 502 hp, but that also means your just too high in port velocity due to your minimum port area where ever that may be , as in Heads or Manifold.

If it is in the heads then if you can increase the Intake Manifolds expansion rate back towards the Plenum, or grind some in then you will slow down the rate of velocity increase and raise the rpm of peak TQ and have a greater HP level in turn.

You also badly need compound curved injector extensions with that narrow V to get them the Hell away from each other and then as posted Bell inlets on there ends!
If I interpreted that correctly it means when a heads csa is tighter than the engine wants you can bandaid it some with larger taper area in the intake manifold to try to slow down earlier velocity in that area to help things?
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Yes, to a extent you can delay the rpm at which the whole Intake tract velocity shuts down your power production to a higher rpm.
This will give you a narrower power band that will help out in the higher rpm ranges, but trade off from the lower range.
If your building something for let's say the Engine Masters challenge where average numbers are important you need to see if the gain in top end power offsets your drop offs down low.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

Smoke ring wrote: If I interpreted that correctly it means when a heads csa is tighter than the engine wants you can bandaid it some with larger taper area in the intake manifold to try to slow down earlier velocity in that area to help things?
I wouldn't bet on it workin out that way.

Randy