torque

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

rich6111
torque

Post by rich6111 »

Need the torque specs for a 4.6 ford V/8 with 3 valves. Rods,mains, side bolts, windage tray and cam bolts and any more you might have. Thank you :D
Lockwire
Expert
Expert

Re: torque

Post by Lockwire »

rich6111 wrote:Need the torque specs for a 4.6 ford V/8 with 3 valves. Rods,mains, side bolts, windage tray and cam bolts and any more you might have. Thank you :D
If you have enough sense to go on the internet and look up like Motor Power or a similar page you will actually be able to achieve some thing for yourself ! and find every thing you need for Modular motors. :(
rich6111

Post by rich6111 »

Lockwire. If everybody was as smart as you think you are they would not need this forum. I thought this forum was for questions,not smart answers.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Stuart,
Google Motor power then come back and say " sorry for being an ass"
Adam
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Lockwire
Expert
Expert

Post by Lockwire »

af2 wrote:Stuart,
Google Motor power then come back and say " sorry for being an ass"
Adam
Try Moddedmustangs.com then. 8)
540 RAT
Expert
Expert

Post by 540 RAT »

Lockwire wrote: If you have enough sense to go on the internet and look up like Motor Power or a similar page you will actually be able to achieve some thing for yourself ! and find every thing you need for Modular motors. :(
I have to agree with they way "rich6111" and "af2" took what you said. You are completely out of line. He was asking a simple question, but you felt the need to be a jerk right off the bat, while no doubt sitting in your skivvies in your Mother's basement, typing away on your keyboard. I bet you think you can be as bad as you want to be when you are a million miles away, and not face to face, huh? People often don't agree about various topics on Forums, but we don't need people like you who are nasty just for the sake of being nasty. Get a life dude.

And for the record, the whole point of these car Forums is for an exchange of information. And that begins with a question............

540 RAT
MileHighMan
Guru
Guru

Post by MileHighMan »

rich6111 wrote:Need the torque specs for a 4.6 ford V/8 with 3 valves. Rods,mains, side bolts, windage tray and cam bolts and any more you might have. Thank you :D

I was out sick today but should be in the shop tomorrow..If you'll email me your ph#,,, I'll be more than happy to call and give you the info you need...My email address is dstinerracing@yahoo.com.....My area code is 505 so you'll know it's me,,,,Dan.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

540 RAT wrote:
Lockwire wrote: If you have enough sense to go on the internet and look up like Motor Power or a similar page you will actually be able to achieve some thing for yourself ! and find every thing you need for Modular motors. :(
I have to agree with they way "rich6111" and "af2" took what you said. You are completely out of line. He was asking a simple question, but you felt the need to be a jerk right off the bat, while no doubt sitting in your skivvies in your Mother's basement, typing away on your keyboard. I bet you think you can be as bad as you want to be when you are a million miles away, and not face to face, huh? People often don't agree about various topics on Forums, but we don't need people like you who are nasty just for the sake of being nasty. Get a life dude.

And for the record, the whole point of these car Forums is for an exchange of information. And that begins with a question............

540 RAT
After all the kicking you're ass on the net RAT???? For you to say that is stand up as they come!!!! =D>
GURU is only a name.
Adam
540 RAT
Expert
Expert

Post by 540 RAT »

af2 wrote:After all the kicking you're ass on the net RAT???? For you to say that is stand up as they come!!!! =D>
Well, I assume you are talking about the rod discussion that will not die. But, I haven't even followed it, so I don't even know what has been said. Because it takes up too much of my time to respond to all the questions, comments and arguments. However, based on past experience, I can imagine I've been getting pounded. I understand that people won't always agree on things, so I try not to take things too personally because I know I have the FACTS on my side. And the best way to not get wrapped up in taking things personally, is to just post my info and let people embrace it, ignore it, or debate it as they see fit, without following along. Whatever others say does not change the facts of what I post.

If I reply to someone else's post, then I may be providing my "opinion". But, most of what I post myself comes from actual Engineering anlaysis data that provides the information, meaning I'm only the messenger. There is no room for disagreement or debate when Physics provides that information. So, no matter how hard people kick and scream, it simply does NOT change the FACTS of the Physics involved. I understand that most people are not Degreed Engineers, so they don't fully understand what they "think" is correct. Other Degreed Engineers I work with, just laugh at the things people say who are "FOR" H-Beam rods.

You may think I've been getting my ass kicked, but others, myself included, think it is only showing how little others really know, even if they think they know it all. And they think if they pound me, it will make them right. But, no person alive can change the FACTS of the Phyics involved. So, if they choose to go against the facts I provide, they are really the ones on the losing end.

540 RAT
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Dammit!!! I will still use H rods in a NA setup.. :mrgreen:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Lockwire
Expert
Expert

Post by Lockwire »

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/mo ... specs.html :) Not to hard to find was it.Stuey.

Sorry about the recent job on a Fork Lift stuck in the brain. 8)