BBC Closed Chambered heads question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Auctioneerhere
Re: BBC Closed Chambered heads question

Post by Auctioneerhere »

Guys... No rules...

I am using this engine because I have it here. I figure one year with it to get the truck dialed in suspension wise then I'm going to shove a 565 in it. {Going to buy that built & done.}

This is a "Stock Class" local fair kinda truck pulling. Biggest checkbook wins $50. type of pulling.

When I'm done with the engine it will go into a 1971 Chevrolet Station wagon to cruise with.
Pontiac_Puller

Post by Pontiac_Puller »

So a street legal, "run whatcha brung" class.

The local class we have here only makes you put driveshaft loops on if you've modified anything. Otherwise it's wide open. No real rules to speak of, some guys get real carried away.
Alan Roehrich
Guru
Guru

Post by Alan Roehrich »

Auctioneerhere wrote:Guys... No rules...

I am using this engine because I have it here. I figure one year with it to get the truck dialed in suspension wise then I'm going to shove a 565 in it. {Going to buy that built & done.}

This is a "Stock Class" local fair kinda truck pulling. Biggest checkbook wins $50. type of pulling.

When I'm done with the engine it will go into a 1971 Chevrolet Station wagon to cruise with.

Not seeing that working out well for you.

The HP difference between a 462 pump gas engine and a well built 565 race engine will negate anything you learn about suspension, tires, clutch/converter, and gearing with the 462.
Auctioneerhere

Post by Auctioneerhere »

Alan Roehrich wrote:
Auctioneerhere wrote:Guys... No rules...

Not seeing that working out well for you.

The HP difference between a 462 pump gas engine and a well built 565 race engine will negate anything you learn about suspension, tires, clutch/converter, and gearing with the 462.
I thought the same thing, but in reality my other truck started life with a bone stock 350 / 4 speed. Now it has a healthy 496 in it w/ auto. & it's still pretty easy to adjust to track conditions. {I'm going to build this one right out of the gate to be ready for the 565. IE Clutch, gears, TC, etc...} The engine I have now is just a temporary deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgi1B-EP ... ature=plcp