Jones Cam Design

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

kirkwoodken
Guru
Guru
Re: Jones Cam Design

Post by kirkwoodken »

vortecpro wrote:Big Joe, it just might be time to go Mikes way....... :mrgreen: Nice work Mike it looks like you have a great product!
I'd love to see a cam designers shootout. Big Joe could build an engine and send specs to all the designer/grinders willing to participate. They would send their best shot at Big Joe's build sheet. Could be both a learning and humbling experience. I'd be willing to donate the first $100 toward Joe's dyno time. Like Engine Masters, but Cam Masters. It could happen!
"Life is too short to not run a solid roller cam."
"Anything is possible, if you don't know what you're talking about."
I am NOT an Expert, and DEFINITELY NOT a GURU.
Kirkwoodken
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

kirkwoodken wrote:
vortecpro wrote:Big Joe, it just might be time to go Mikes way....... :mrgreen: Nice work Mike it looks like you have a great product!
I'd love to see a cam designers shootout. Big Joe could build an engine and send specs to all the designer/grinders willing to participate. They would send their best shot at Big Joe's build sheet. Could be both a learning and humbling experience. I'd be willing to donate the first $100 toward Joe's dyno time. Like Engine Masters, but Cam Masters. It could happen!
On the Dyno, it would be likely be so close, that the result would be boring.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 »

Keith Morganstein wrote:On the Dyno, it would be likely be so close, that the result would be boring.
I'm not so sure about that. Seems like any change made on Joes dyno is a swing of 50-100hp. ;)
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

THe Jones cam didn't do crap for me..... :^o

its beeen cold weather here.... I have a mont off. I got to get motivation , pull away from that human inertia that glues me to bed and go to porting my heads, get that Jones cam off the shelf and get going.

Currently running a 9.2:1 454 with a 3.73 gear, i will pull it, and do the work, have my aftermarket bell-housing set up for my t56... Be my street driven 69 c10, lowered 3"

Any comments to motivate me so I can experience the valor of the Jones CAm?
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
coolchevy
Expert
Expert

Post by coolchevy »

motivate you...............at what you call cold weather in Texas we would start to overheat here right now.........
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

dirtracr5 wrote:
Keith Morganstein wrote:On the Dyno, it would be likely be so close, that the result would be boring.
I'm not so sure about that. Seems like any change made on Joes dyno is a swing of 50-100hp. ;)
I take Joe for what he says. His numbers are not unreasonable for a pro builder.

Back to the cam, When Joe calls for a cam, he's going to get the best guy in the company. Everyone else (except a few elite builders) will not.

When you call Jones Cams, you get the top designer at the company, Mike Jones himself. That's the best part of dealing with someone such as Mike or Harold direct. You get expert help and custom design for your engine for just a nominal price over a shelf cam. You don't roll the dice with whoever is on the tech line. You don't have to run endless simulations or buy several cams to experiment in the car.

You get expert help and a great product whether you are an elite builder or an everyday racer.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass

Post by justahoby »

coolchevy wrote:motivate you...............at what you call cold weather in Texas we would start to overheat here right now.........
Lol.... True... I am Canadian though and seen -55 below... Just 8 years in Florida and 5 in Texas with tours to Iraq(145 degree weather) spoiled my blood :lol:
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

kirkwoodken wrote:
I'd love to see a cam designers shootout.
Why not do what they did with the carb shootout and run it on the BLP Revolution inertia dyno? The claim is that this dyno will most accurately duplicate in car performance. It also does HP water brake style readout as well as time taken to go from certain RPM to another RPM point ...

Get the engine done lets say 406SBC, with a set spring which will have a lift limit and let the cam guys have at it....

Sure you could get sponsors for it ..
Prostreetbike

Post by Prostreetbike »

Merry Christmas, I just noticed Mike's new website is up and going. Looks real nice. I didn't have much time to go through it, had to go Christmas shopping with the wife to make sure I might have enough money left to buy something cool for dad :) Praise God for Jesus,
Have a great Christ-mas!
swatson454
Guru
Guru

Post by swatson454 »

Prostreetbike wrote:Merry Christmas, I just noticed Mike's new website is up and going. Looks real nice. I didn't have much time to go through it, had to go Christmas shopping with the wife to make sure I might have enough money left to buy something cool for dad :) Praise God for Jesus,
Have a great Christ-mas!
Merry Christ-mas to you as well =D>
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Prostreetbike wrote:Merry Christmas, I just noticed Mike's new website is up and going. Looks real nice. I didn't have much time to go through it, had to go Christmas shopping with the wife to make sure I might have enough money left to buy something cool for dad :) Praise God for Jesus,
Have a great Christ-mas!
The website looks great! The banner on the front page "we help racers become winners" is what Jones is ALL about!
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass

Post by justahoby »

Keith Morganstein wrote:
Have a great Christ-mas!
The website looks great! The banner on the front page "we help racers become winners" is what Jones is ALL about!
Wow.. big improvement over the old site......... wicked!!! =P~ :twisted: :notworthy:
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass

Post by justahoby »

I like to say the "About US" section of the website really hits home, and tells what the company is about... i see passion....
My motor is out, ready for the head swap for all I have told him will be on my motor , waiting to be shafted by his mighty cam. or should I say knighted? :lol:
I heard his cams run like hell... cant wait.... by Tuesday i shall report!
ParDeus
Pro
Pro

Post by ParDeus »

Who??? MIKE JONES!!!!

Who??? MIKE JONES!!!!

Don't let Mike see this link...His ego will reach the ozone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHyOavMV8vw
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

Lol, that's hilarious!
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary