Tensile

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

learner

Tensile

Post by learner »

Don, your piston speed program calculates tensile stress on the rod. How accurate is that? If i was going to have a finite element analysis done on a connecting rod would i be able to use that number with confidence?

Thanks
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

It's been a long time since I worked on that software. You should check it against others. Sounds like you're getting trick. Care to explain? :D
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
learner

Post by learner »

I'm not sure if i should say right now. As far as comparing with others, do you know the names of any other programs that will calculate it?
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

learner wrote:do you know the names of any other programs that will calculate it?
Sorry, I haven't used any other software. Maybe someone on the board can help?
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
bill jones
Guru
Guru

another old dos program is Allan Lockheeds Engine Expert

Post by bill jones »

-Allans old MS-DOS "Engine Expert" was the first reasonably priced racing engine program available to the public back it the mid/late 80's.
-One of it's features is the printout page that shows everything in one degree increments of piston travel.
-That program is currently about $500 but it has the information and you can change the weights and the rpm around to see what the load differences are.
-Allan's phone should be 1-303-238-2414 unless the area code has changed.
Racer7088
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer7088 »

The gas loads can make it different in reality but should reduce it more than anything else.
Erik Koenig

Houston, TX

http://samracing.com

http://HKRacingEngines.com