BBC head casting number ?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

crazycuda
Expert
Expert

BBC head casting number ?

Post by crazycuda »

I have looked high and low but cant find and estimated cc rating on a bbc O port head The casting number is 6272292. All I have found is it was on the 402 and 454 motors. I really hate to pull the heads off the motor just to cc them.
Sorry if I ask alot of questions, but you never stop learning if you ask questions
Ron Miller
Pro
Pro
Post by Ron Miller »

The 6272292 has a 105 cc in the chamber. If I need to find any type of info engine related stuff like cc's, compression ratio's, cam spec's, casting numbers, etc. I use this site http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/classification/. The 292 BB head has a large laid back chamber around the exhaust valve area(quench). I did a low compression 454 for a guy that wanted to use that head. Installed the 2.19/1.88's, small hyd cam, GM Corvette alum intake, Q-jet. Real strong runner that will run on water if it had to.
Ron Miller
k-star
Guru
Guru

head

Post by k-star »

I am not sure what your looking for but remember they are only advertised figures.... Every un-cut big block chevy head i cc'd was always larger by at least 3 cc's some as much as 5cc's.....

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
crazycuda
Expert
Expert

Post by crazycuda »

Thanks for the help.
I just got in a 396 that runs real good on race fuel just doesn't like pump gas. (motor still in car) The guy wants me to see what I can do without pulling the motor apart. I just checked and according to the trw catalog the l2328f-60 pistons at 105cc's puts the motor close to 11 to 1. It looks like Im pulling the heads, Ugh back ache tonight lol.
John
Sorry if I ask alot of questions, but you never stop learning if you ask questions
Willlord1985
Re: BBC head casting number ?

Post by Willlord1985 »

Hey bro, I have a 396 with L 2242 pistons I have a set of the 292 heads. Will they work together? Some say yes some say no??? Lol so if they will work together what is the compression ratio?? And how many cc's is the 292 oval port head?
makin chips
Pro
Pro
Re: BBC head casting number ?

Post by makin chips »

Why would you revive a 13 year old thread just to ask about your heads and your specific pistons? You should have just started an entirely new thread. What you posted is in no way linked to the original post whatsoever, so there was no reason to dig this up. It seems like you didn't even really read it by what you're asking. Should've just made your own thread.

Have you ever determined the compression ratio of an engine? It takes a lot more info than head casting #'s and which pistons you have. You may want to research that so you can provide the correct info, or even figure it out yourself by plugging in the required data and doing the math.