Moderator: Team

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Oxygenated fuel 20+ Horse power?

Post by David Redszus »

maxc wrote:
David Redszus wrote:
rookie wrote:It's ashamed fuel company's and the EPA crooks don't join forces and produce the best fuel for power and economy.
The primary objective a real refinery is to produce the fuel that is demanded by OEMs attempting to meet current emission and MPG requirements.

The primary objective of a race fuel marketer is to produce whatever they can sell to a very uninformed racing customer.
A very reliable source told me car company's use different fuel than at the pump for emission testing. :roll:
That is completely true. OEM use a certification fuel in order to qualify a new engine. The certification fuel bears very little resemblence to actual pump fuels available to the public. In fact, based on geography and season, the pump fuel changes characteristics considerably. For detailed information see ASTM D-4814.
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

maxc wrote:
David Redszus wrote:
rookie wrote:It's ashamed fuel company's and the EPA crooks don't join forces and produce the best fuel for power and economy.
The primary objective a real refinery is to produce the fuel that is demanded by OEMs attempting to meet current emission and MPG requirements.

The primary objective of a race fuel marketer is to produce whatever they can sell to a very uninformed racing customer.
A very reliable source told me car company's use different fuel than at the pump for emission testing. :roll:
At a Mega-meet a few years back I ran into a guy who is a chemist whose company was working on a chemical test for, among other properties, octane. I believe the EPA or ?? federal agency was hiring them to develop this test.

He said that a third of "high octane" pumps out there were dispensing lower-than-rated octane fuels. This is why I hate high powered pump gas engines. Consistency is a real problem with pump gas IMO.
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
swatson454
Guru
Guru

Post by swatson454 »

Did he happen to mention which pumps those were?
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

swatson454 wrote:Did he happen to mention which pumps those were?
he worked out of Virginia, right near D.C.
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
rookie
Guru
Guru

Post by rookie »

These Turbo guys are claiming 100 horse gains?????
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/efi-t ... 100hp-gain!/
Has Anything You've Done Made Your Life Better?
STK 758

Post by STK 758 »

Q 16 is well worth the investment. 637 cu inch DRCE2 , 2420 lb door car, 7.13 @ 196 with C25. Changed to Q 16, jetted up, air was 300 ft worse, 7.05 @ 198. Jetted up again in 400 ft worse air, 6.96 @ 198 and change. I would say it's a little better than 20 hp. At least with our stuff. Yes the EGT's went up. Staying around 1280. All runs were done the same day. Same launch, Same tire pressure, Wheelie bar,etc.... .007 pin size total increase. Have not played with timing yet or air bleeds so I would bet there is more left.

BP