Pro

Re: SB2 parts

Post by TORQUE INC »

The 155" twinkie tells me all i need to know,ride safe,sorry for the dig
TORQUE RULES !!!!
mdross1

Post by mdross1 »

Been a little while but have done a lot of research, M&M has set me straight on these SB2's.Enjoyed working with Scott,most all the parts are on the way toward me,as is the Donovan aluminum block.Once the block has the finished deck will call M&M to order the pistons.Dan Davinci is making me up a 1000cfm dbl pmp carb.Once I get the block polished it's off to our machinist. hp and tq? we will take all the little motor will give.It will be broken in and dailed in on the pump,trying to do it with motor in the bike would be a royal pain.
If this motor turns out as good as M&M says it can, will have a sweet 406" dynoed 580hp for sale complete minus the starter and water pump.This 406" was professionally built,and has always been in a motorcycle.
surpip06

Post by surpip06 »

it wouldof been nice if someone had accually ancwerd your original question.. i am also trying to build a SB2 for the street but sane enof to keep it to 4 wheels i couldent imagine a motor with that kind of powerband in a bike its goingto feel like a 2 stroke when it kicks in ive ridden turbo busa's before but cant imagine how awome a SB2 big dog would feel good luck man!
mdross1

Post by mdross1 »

surpip06 wrote:it wouldof been nice if someone had accually ancwerd your original question.. i am also trying to build a SB2 for the street but sane enof to keep it to 4 wheels i couldent imagine a motor with that kind of powerband in a bike its goingto feel like a 2 stroke when it kicks in ive ridden turbo busa's before but cant imagine how awome a SB2 big dog would feel good luck man!
Hey Surpio,I did get the info I needed from this forum and others, all my parts including the block should be here within a week or so.M&M has taken care of the crank, rods,pistons,roller cam,lifters,rocker arms,gaskets, oil pan,and valve covers.Donovan just finished the block it is on it's way.Dan Davinci will be building a 1000cfm dbl pump Holley.Because this motor will be in a motorcycle I am polishing everything including the transmission.The SB2 when complete with 10:5 to 11:00 cr and cam we picked shooting for 800hp will settle for whatever the tune maximized gives us.Never was one for the hollywood my car is bigger than your car.Only competition will be trying to keep the rear tire hooked to the asphalt,and it is a 10.5 " wide gummy.As long as this thing runs clean and crisp I will be a happy camper.The looks and sound should knock it out of the park.
Got a good idea what the added power will be like, the Wheeler Racing 406" dynoed 580hp motor in the bike now is incredible.Once I am certain the SB2 is all set in the bike this motor will be for sale.
Mike Ross