650 holley vs 750

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Maine1
Re: 650 holley vs 750

Post by Maine1 »

the car wont be seeing to much WOT as the rearend will be the hold back until late summer or fall when i can change the stock 7.5 crap non posi for 12 bolt posi so im not gunna beat it cause i dont want to tow it. only abuse its really gunna see is whooping on the neighborhood freinds cars if i can get by with the 650 after a quick rebuild or jus get a swap meet 750 till i can save up some more cash which would you guys suggest
Rick1999
Expert
Expert

Post by Rick1999 »

For what you need right now, if you know the 650 runs good, you'd be a fool to put ANY swap meet carb on it. Run what you have for now, have a little fun with it and save up for a GOOD carb later, don't waste your money on swap meet crap.
Rick Cole
jeff swisher
Guru
Guru

Post by jeff swisher »

run what you got,,fix the crappy rear....but when you want to really pull hard . i will have to agree with Troy
I have played with the small afb's and i always get better mileage with the 750 afb .I know it aint an afb you are runnin..I have ran 600 and 750's in holley and never cared
for either one as far as making good power and mileage,,stock is out on them 2 carbs.....Holleys in my book need extensive work to be satisfactory.

Thin throtle shafts venturi work,,etc etc.....and this is on puny 350's that make less than 500 hp and even at 350 hp the carbs need attention to get the full effect

Like sooo many people do there will be plenty of power left on the table if you cant tweak and tune..not just bolton but with the grinder as well...

I have not went the 1000 cfm single rout,,,but i tend to go to the dual 4 tunnel ram if i need more that 850 cfm..I think your combo would need at least 850. Actually
i would think 2 600's as a minimum..or Joes favorite 660's

have fun with it now with what you got ,,,