quick fuel vs pro systems.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

69-CHVL
Pro
Pro

Re: quick fuel vs pro systems.

Post by 69-CHVL »

Just gotta mix it up once in a while, and you may be suprised at the difference - good or bad \:D/
VINCE 69 CHEVELLE
502 EFI/6SPD/3.90
new engine builder
Expert
Expert

Post by new engine builder »

Eric68 wrote:
Troy Patterson wrote: I've got to say there are a number of good / great carburetor builders besides these two mentioned here. BLP Products and Braswell come to mind as innovators with great products, I'm sure there are others not springing to mind at the moment. How about you guys telling us of all the carburetor modifiers and builders you know. Let's see how many of them there are.

It's funny that only those two are mentioned as though they are the only ones worth considering, so I thought I'd use this thread plugging QT and Pro Sys to show off my own work \:D/ . The internet is an interesting place for sure.

Troy Patterson TMPCarbs.net TMP Carbs

Well said Troy. I agree. If you can plug your stuff, I'll plug my E85 stuff too http://www.horsepowerinnovations.com/gallery.html

Here are the ones that I know of and I think each have their own specialty. The ones I am leery of are the ones that claim to be great/the best at everything.

AED (John Dickey -- good gas stuff and a super guy to work with)

APD (good alky carbs)

Brasswell (excellent high end supplier)

Bo Laws / BLP (alky and gas)

Nickerson (alky)

Rupert (alky)

QuickFuel (seems to be a good supplier of billet main bodies, base plates and metering blocks)

ProForm (very similar to the QuickFuel stuff)

Barry Grant / Demon

Holley

ProSystems (4150 gasoline and Dominator gas race)

TMP (have to mention you Troy)

C&S (blow through)

CSU (blow through)

Horsepower Innovations (my own little start up E85 carb business)

. . . and there are probably a dozen more that I am not familiar with.
Another great carb is from Baker.
PFC1
Expert
Expert

Post by PFC1 »

I have two ProSystems Dominators. I purchased the smaller 1345 back in '05... uses standard Holley air bleeds. And my newer larger one I purchased in '07 uses standard air bleeds. They were shipped with pretty much the correct jets in them... No more than two sizes off.

Randy, I have talked to Patrick numerous times and he has always been very pleasant and good to deal with.

Bret
Pullin' for Christ