General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

af2
Guru
Guru

Re: pro-comp heads

Post by af2 »

Jerry,
I use Ferrea valves in every build. I do not buy assembled heads ever. You have to know from the valves to the keepers.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Truckracer

Post by Truckracer »

Off topic but anyone use the Pro-Comp rocker arms? I need some BBC's and the price sure is tempting.
347guy
Pro
Pro

Post by 347guy »

Truckracer wrote:Off topic but anyone use the Pro-Comp rocker arms? I need some BBC's and the price sure is tempting.
Personally No I wouldnt think of it, but a few of my members have and they scattered under hyd roller situations
ap72
Guru
Guru

Post by ap72 »

the nitro man wrote:how are the valves that come in the procomp heads? i've heard good & bad, but 99 times out of 100 the people that say they suck have never even seen a set in front of them.

I have seen a few sets of ProComp valves and I can say they are good for a budget stock replacement valve, and not much more.
LOL, according to the post count I'm an "expert." The only thing I'm an expert at is asking questions.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

My 6th run with Pro-Comp shaft rockers 2 years ago. You make the choice. I did. :oops:

The picture doen't show half the bearings in the pan.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

I messed with a set of those shaft rockers about 2 years ago myself, I saw the issue and worked to resolve it. (pedestals had burrs and no way to keep the rocker off them, pure junk design).

The last set I saw about 3 months ago had fixed that issue by giving a little larger clearance and adding a shim washer design to keep the rocker off the pedestal. I was pleasantly surprised that they had taken the time to actually fix the problem. Who is to say how much spring pressure they can take though...
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary