Alky ring gap

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Zombieracin

Alky ring gap

Post by Zombieracin »

taking a concensus , I'm new to running methanol and I'm building an engine for drag racing, I'm trying to see what the immoral majority think. I'm using Mahle file fits(this is my first Alky motor,not my first motor).As far as ring gap is concerned, should (or could) I run a tighter gap on top and second ring??SRP forged pistons,alum. heads,and around 14.5 compression.I'm trying to keep oil contamination to a minimum and performance at,well you know.......Also, can anyone suggest a good site or book for basic knowledge of methanol injection(yeah, I jumped in with both feet,learn as I go , right)I do have some friends that run it so at least I'm no goin in with my eyes closed)........preshadit,,Zombie :twisted:
John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Post by John Wallace »

Might try a web search, there's a lot out there.

Here's some links.
LFS book

Koehler Injection
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
jacksoni
Guru
Guru

Post by jacksoni »

Also try www.hre.com . They pretty much only talk about mech injection, mostly MeOH, and related topics. Bill Jones, a frequent poster here hangs out there also. Have to be a member to get to some of the forums. Few $. Run by Jim Harvey, Harvey Racing Engines (HRE)
Zombieracin

Thanks Guys

Post by Zombieracin »

those links are exactly what I was looking for.I'm ordering the book from LHS,it looks like a good one from basics to tuning.I've used the calculators on your site a few times (wallaceracin.com)and I just want to say thanks for the site.Now if I can just do this without blowin the poor tires off.Why havent I learned that 1 change is really 5 or 6,you just find them later(hah-hah)Thanks again ........Zombie :twisted: