Old Holley carbs

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Old Holley carbs

Post by bigjoe1 »

I have a pair of like new 6214 Holley Dominator carburetors that I would like to sell. These were the very first design 1150 dominator carbs that were made for BB Chevy tunnel ram manifolds. They are thirty plus years old, but appear like new, but sat around for thirty years. If anyone knows anybody who might be looking for something like this, tell them I have them and would like to make a deal.

JOE SHERMAN RACING ENGINES
kick2008a
Post by kick2008a »

I looked them up and they look like good carbs that would need a little work. They're 1150 cfm, small accel pump, no choke, no PV, LONG booster Venturi, with intermediates, 1:1 linkage. They were originally designed for individual runner Hemi intakes. It's recommended to replace the long boosters with standard length and restrict the intermediates.
bigjoe1
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by bigjoe1 »

These are like what you said but have 50 cc pumps front and rear. I hope somebody out there wants them

JOE SHERMAN RACING
OldManMopar

Old Holley Carbs

Post by OldManMopar »

11 Nov 09 – Veterans Day

I have a pair of R-6214-AAA Holley 1150 CFM carbs that are 40 years old, new (NOS) in their original plastic bags, original boxes with original intake gasket, factory documentation, decals, warning labels, instructions and special jet packages for the Weiand IR 2-4BBL manifold used on the Mopar 426 Hemi Super Stock factory cars. Holley built these when Colt Industries owned it. They were ordered in Aug 1969 and received in Sep 69. They have been in their original packing sitting in my closet for 40 years. They have the velocity stacks cast into their top plate.

I will sell them as a pair as they were intended for 2-4BBL IR use. They are quite large. I have a couple of Hemi cars and the carbs on them appear to be about half the size of these monsters.

If someone is restoring a late 60s- mid 70's Factory SS 426 Hemi with the Weiand IR manifold they may be what is needed to complete a correct restoration.

In the 1971 Chrysler Performance Catalog they were listed as PN 3571037 (Holley #4500-6214-A 1150 CFM).

I would recommend against modifying them, as it would drastically diminish their value.
crazyamc
Re: Old Holley carbs

Post by crazyamc »

What is the possibility you still have the old 6214 IR dominators, and are they for sale? Thank You, Ken
41apache

Post by 41apache »

Does anyone no what a pair of these carbs are worth new in boxes? Thanks Eric
rickseeman

Post by rickseeman »

I got real good money for my NOS ones but the weirdo's that would buy these are dying of old age. The guy I sold mine to has died. Contrary to the above post they are not for S/S cars. They are for a Pro Stock Hemi with an isolated runner manifold. (I had one of those too.) There is almost nobody in the country that could use those but put them on ebay and hope a weirdo comes along and wants them. I've been buying things I don't need all my life.
quickd100
Pro
Pro

Post by quickd100 »

In many cases it's not "Need" but WANT. Case in point, my Chrysler short rams.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/quickd100/9ff3c690.jpg[/img]