Post by John Wallace »

Try a Ron's 'Toilet Bowl'?

Works great.
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
mbmotorspt

Post by mbmotorspt »

Sprint cars run constant flow mechanical fuel injection. The idea behind the down nozzle is to put the fuel as close to the intake valve as possible. Because they run on Methanol, a large percentage of the fuel is used for its cooling properties.

I used to have two very similar 410 sprint car engines. One had 8 down nozzles and the other had 8 up nozzles (below butterflies) and 8 down nozzles (16 total). Although the down nozzle engine made more power on the dyno, the up/down 16 nozzle accelerated faster and always out-qualified the engine that was better on the dyno. Go figure.

Good thing for you is that there are probably a lot of good used 15 degree heads out there on the market. I think Brodix actually makes manifolds for many of them so you might check their website. www.brodix.com

Good Luck!
Several pistons were harmed during the testing of our products!
mbmotorspt

Post by mbmotorspt »

Oh yeah, by the way, you should be able to plug those down nozzle ports if you don't want to use them.
Several pistons were harmed during the testing of our products!
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

John Wallace wrote:Try a Ron's 'Toilet Bowl'?

Works great.
Thats the thing about the "Flying Toilets", it seems my customers either love or hate 'em. Gotta admit from what I've seen they are deadly consistant on methanol if set up properly.