Engine Masters. Daily report.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

dan miller

Engine Masters. Daily report.

Post by dan miller »

Just arrived. Long drive.

As of Sunday evening @ 1700, there were about 20 engines on the premisses. Two on the dyno’s, three or four on carts waiting for their turn, and about a dozen on the floor and/or in boxes.

Lots of VERY interesting iron! One thing is readily apparent: carburetors are in. Very few (two that I know of) are fuel injected. Lots of tunnel rams.

This should be an interesting deal.

Engines seen (by me) thus far: SOHC 427 Ford (literally still warm from the dyno), two Boss 429's, three 426 hemi’s, early hemi, big block MoPar, Ford Mod engine (286 cid), several Ford 460's, a SBC LS, and a Pontiac.

Danny
Airpumpguy

Post by Airpumpguy »

Keep the reports coming, Danny. I'm anxious to hear how all of the engines perform, not just the finalists.

Mike
DCK
Expert
Expert

Post by DCK »

Who's LS?
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

It is really cool to have already met guys like Dan Miller, Jon Kaase and Shannon and Daryl from Revolutionary, not to mention Steve Dulcich (editor of EngineMasters Mag). Just to name a few. I wish we actually had something to play with these guys . Oh well we got some compliments on our way cool Darth Vader throttle bracket. Tomorrow @ 4:00p.m. or 16:00 hrs we will know just how much whiskey we need to pick up for the rest of the week. J.Robinson
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

We made it in around 9:30 tonight and talked with the Ponchos and the Canucks. Looks like we'll have a pretty interesting week.
Daryl

Revolutionary Performance and Machine
airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

miller onsite yet?
dan miller

Post by dan miller »

Brett was not on site yet @ 1700 Sunday.

Danny
dan miller

Post by dan miller »

The LS belongs to Stine. At least, I think it's an LS. Late model SBC, symmetrical ports, very nice ribbed cast pan. Beautiful engine, with a front mount distributor, apparently owner installed. VERY IMPRESSIVE single 4 bbl intake manifold.

Danny

Please remember that I'm not very familiar with most of these engine types, and my updates are very subject to correction.

I'm a little worried about misstating facts, getting numbers wrong, saying something stupid, etc. I'll do my best, and hopefully won't piss anyone off.

Feel free to e-mail. danmiller@clearwire.net

Or, I don't mind a bit if someone wants to chastise or correct me on this forum.
blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins »

Dan, whose cammer motor is it? Barry said that he wasn't able to take one this year....
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
Custom Ford Windsor, Cleveland, and FE Street/Race Engines
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

is there a way to get the latest news from the PHR site? tried looking but couldnt find anything. several motors have run but no updates
airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

nothing on PHR as far as I can tell.. I am trying to get updates from B. Miller. As soon as I here something from him or Danny I will post it.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

just found the first four on PHR. 2465.7 is best score so far by TM enterprises 534 tunnel ram ford
airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

yep.. Congrats to simone!
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

The makings of another interesting thread. Thank you Danny for starting it. :D
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

The word is the dyno is TIGHTER this year. Scores are tough to judge. So far people are making less power than they were at home. If that is true we are going to suck. Not good.
Daryl

Revolutionary Performance and Machine