Who carry Belzona in USA?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

EneconTN
Enecon

Post by EneconTN »

Enecon's Duralloy. I have done work in the past on intakes and this works as good if not better and it has an indefinite shelf life. Not like 1111 it has a 3 year self life.
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

You don't happen to have a direct link to it - and/or tech sheets..?
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
EneconTN
Tech sheet

Post by EneconTN »

jpankey
Pro
Pro
Post by jpankey »

racecar100 wrote:What about in South like Tennessee? Thank you
Hello I am from east tn and I purchase mine from belzona in hunstville alabama.
rooster

Re: Enecon

Post by rooster »

EneconTN wrote:Enecon's Duralloy. I have done work in the past on intakes and this works as good if not better and it has an indefinite shelf life. Not like 1111 it has a 3 year self life.
Tech Data sheet does not list max service temperature. Lists material as "good" with regard to methanol exposure, they define "good" as intermittent/splash exposure. With that information(or lack thereof), I personally wouldn't feel too confident using the product on the intake ports of a methanol-fueled racing engine.
thetruth
Re: Who carry Belzona in USA?

Post by thetruth »

Enecon use to have a decent product when it was manufactured by palmer. Now not so much.

I would stick with Belzona. They have a new product 1831 that is oil, water, and surface tolerant. Thats right it sets up in oil and water.

Also for the encon rep, i looked at the spec sheet for 1111 and it says 5 year shelf life. Im sure you just mis read it, if your like me you can see anymore....
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

thetruth wrote:Enecon use to have a decent product when it was manufactured by palmer. Now not so much.

I would stick with Belzona. They have a new product 1831 that is oil, water, and surface tolerant. Thats right it sets up in oil and water.

Also for the encon rep, i looked at the spec sheet for 1111 and it says 5 year shelf life. Im sure you just mis read it, if your like me you can see anymore....
Both of you have better vision than I, if you can see anything at the site listed a few posts back. I get a screen saying the page does not exist... :(
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

If i needed a batch of 2-part electrical grade epoxy, I'd go to ABChance/Hubble in Centralia, MO and ask somebody there if I could get some out of their probably 10,000 gallon tanks!

I worked in the Plasic Plant right out of engine school back in '74. They make pultrusion 70/30 epoxy-rods and such and the dam stuff is unbelievably STRONG!! have a 2" mallet made outta the stuff onna the guys made for me for a B/D present back then.

pdq67