aces fuel / oil treatments

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

razor66

Re: aces fuel / oil treatments

Post by razor66 »

mbrooks wrote:i don't see pricing on their wesites. what are they charging. i might be able to help you out. they make it in oklahoma city and i don't live too far from you. i have gallon quantities or could sell you the smaller 5 oz. bottles. i have used it personally for about 15+ yrs when i read the vizard article and could buy it from the manufacturer and still can but they don't do that anymore for the general public. i think they considered me a distributor when they closed their doors but i never aggresively sought to sell the stuff.

if i was doing the emc thing i would definitely consider breaking in the engine on this stuff, you could even run it on the additive up until the contest and probably see benefits during the dyno testing. i was told for racing you can use up to a certain amount and not see it in the fuel, the guy i talked to mixed race gas and pump gas with the additive and saw benefits, the officials knew he was using something but couldn't see it when they tested the fuel. i put some of the race stuff in my kart fuel one time and the test did show it a little hot though, i think i was using 2 or 3 oz to the gallon.
I believe the costs for the ACES IV fuel treatment catalyst is around $63/quart or $250/gallon and they recommend 1 oz per gallon of fuel. I don't see anywhere on the BND Automotive or the American Clean Energy Systems (ACES) web sites where they offer it in quantities of less than the quart size. I have seen where Oil Extreme has a fuel additive where they offer it in a 5 or 6 oz size as well as a 16 oz size I believe. Not sure how it compares to the ACES IV.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

You can still get the original TK7 here for $150.00 a gallon.
http://www.newsouthdiesel.com/tk7.php
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re:

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote:This product appears to be the same material as the Oil Extreme TK7 additive discussed extensively by David Vizard in his MotoTec magazine and at least one of his books: http://www.oilextreme.com/motortec_article.html

Certainly enough data and detail to allay the scepticism of most engine builders..
Just an FYI, Oil Extreme and TK7 or different company's as well as ACES/BND... BND also custom blends oils for your specific need and there is a good oil additive available through ACES for those why are interested.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks »

Where is the company TK7 located?
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

mbrooks wrote:Where is the company TK7 located?
Thailand
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Newton, NC

The product label says made by TK7 company in Oklahoma.

I received mine 4 days after I placed the order.
Please Note!
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks »

GARY C wrote:
Newton, NC

The product label says made by TK7 company in Oklahoma.

I received mine 4 days after I placed the order.
You have a contact number? I was a distributor for quite a while and bought wholesale, didn't purchase for a while and when I did they weren't in OK anymore and I couldn't find them. I'd like to see if I'm still on their list. The markup on that stuff is ridiculous. I looked, I don't think that is their manufacturing plant.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

GARY C wrote:You can still get the original TK7 here for $150.00 a gallon.
http://www.newsouthdiesel.com/tk7.php
Here is who to contact.
Please Note!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

You have a contact number? I was a distributor for quite a while and bought wholesale, didn't purchase for a while and when I did they weren't in OK anymore and I couldn't find them. I'd like to see if I'm still on their list. The markup on that stuff is ridiculous. I looked, I don't think that is their manufacturing plant.
If you were doing wholesale with the original contact, they have split that company, I have been doing business with the partner of the original company for over 8 years and my "wholesale" cost is $250.00+ and seems to go up every time I order, that's why I was happy to find the product under the original name at the cost I was paying in the beginning.
Please Note!
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

Wow, I still have a case of the TK7 gas, and a case of the TK7 alky treatments sitting in my shop. Haven't heard from them in a while. Thanks for the link.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

FC-Pilot wrote:Wow, I still have a case of the TK7 gas, and a case of the TK7 alky treatments sitting in my shop. Haven't heard from them in a while. Thanks for the link.

Paul
You may save that alky treatment for when the GOV pushes our fuel past E-15, the gas treatment will support up to E-15.
Please Note!
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks »

GARY C wrote:
If you were doing wholesale with the original contact, they have split that company, I have been doing business with the partner of the original company for over 8 years and my "wholesale" cost is $250.00+ and seems to go up every time I order, that's why I was happy to find the product under the original name at the cost I was paying in the beginning.
I agree on the price going up all the time, when I first bought it it was $40 a gal, the markup is about 100%. I'm not sure who this 'partner' is, when I was doing business with them there was one entity.