Needing std bore LS1 pistons

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bill jones
Guru
Guru

Needing std bore LS1 pistons

Post by bill jones »

-I 'm looking for a set of at least 6 good used standard bore LS1 pistons.
-If anybody has a set laying around that they'd part with I like to know their condition and what you want for'm.
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

I think I've seen some on Ebay.
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

-Thanks but I'm not interested in anything from ebay.
Floyd
Post by Floyd »

Bill

Are you looking for Forged Pistons or Stock ones?
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

-It really doesn't matter much.
-What I am wanting to do is a daily driver 6 cylinder 4.0 (242ci) Jeep where I'm using a stroker crank out of a 258.
-The standard LS1 bore size is about .030" overbore for the 4.0 block and chances are that a used set of these can be acquired and machined to fit a lot cheaper than custom order pistons.
-I really don't want noisy pistons like I'd probably end up with using pistons from a racing piston manufacturer but then I keep hearing that LS1's have bad piston slap when the engines are cold.
-I want to be able to keep the piston to wall clearance nice and tight, under .002" if possible so forged pistons probably wouldn't allow me to run'm that tight.
Floyd
Post by Floyd »

Well I have a friend who should have a set of stockers laying around, let me ask him if he'd part ways with 'em.

Floyd.
richard@wcch

Post by richard@wcch »

It seems that LS1 parts are popular in the straight 6 Jeep engine. I modded a head a few years ago and used some LS1 valves, springs and retainers. It worked real well. We had to cut down the valve diameters as I recall. Pretty sure I can round up a used set but they'll have the rods attached. I know of a set of low mileage LS6 pistons. They're coated on the skirts. The guy wants $100.00 for the set. Email me if you're interested. richard@proheads.com

Good luck,

Richard:)
www.proheads.com