Sae papers on CD

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Ape
Pro
Pro
Sae papers on CD

Post by Ape »

hi i read once on the forum about that the sae papers are available on CD´s!
but cant find that particular thread anymore, so if anybody could give me more specifics it would be great. i looked allready on their site but couldnt find those Cd´s.
Any deeper info would be very appreciated.

thanks a lot
There is always advancement to be made.
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

hi,
you might try this link-

http://www.sae.org/servlets/techtrack?PROD_TYP=PAPER

i think this is what your looking for?
shawn
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

Only $4300 dollars. :(
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
Ape
Pro
Pro
Post by Ape »

thank you very much now i found it!

4300$?? i have to find that post im inclined to remember something bout 250$´s wellmaybe selective memory,lol.

cheers
SBC

Post by SBC »

CD-ROM #ENGSI2004 Contains over 2900 papers from 1990-2004 ?
$425

I wish SAE would provide access to the abstracts of the papers.

Gary

Darin's post below ?

I have been a member of SAE for over a decade now and I can tell you from experience that its well worth it! Whether or not the papers are "non applicable" or not, you will always learn something by reading them. I have stacks and stacks of SAE papers dealing with everything related to Poppet valve technology, induction system design, Inertial tuning, High amplitude wave " shock wave tuning", Fuel injection design, carburetors and everything in between. Go get the CD that cover the last ten years or so. It cost about $375.00 and you will be reading for the next five months! There is a wealth of information out there, its just knowing where to look. The SAE is the first place I looked. Look up the paper on " An Analyses of the Volumetric Efficiency characteristics of 4 stroke cycle engines using the mean inlet Mach number " It paper number 790484. There math is a little screwy but you will get the drift of what they are talking about. It deals with air velocities in the intake tract and how fast is to fast. It deals with high velocity issues in the intake tract and sheds some light on why engines nose over due to exceeding the " mean" .55 Mach number.
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

I went to that link and the first price I saw said $4300....Looking at the wrong item? $375 is very doable for that kind of info. :D
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
Ape
Pro
Pro
Post by Ape »

hey thank you very much, as this is the post i remembered.
great info, since a friend and i wnat to chip in together.
there is supposedly a paper on cone shapes of exhaust header by honda.

thanks again, great help

Ape
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

Trying to find stuff on the SAE site is cumbersome at best. Maybe that's what they use as a test to see if your smart enough to have the papers? I think all of the papers from the last 5 years or so are available on disc and in print and some are downloadable. If you can't find the one your lookin for you can email them and they'll look it up for you.
Shawn
Shaun
Post by Shaun »

The Techselect option is supposed to give more detail on any given paper from 1998 till present. I am an SAE member and emailed them with some enquiries but they never got back to me.

It is a shame that lately they started protecting the PDFs papers you could buy. Previously you could send the files to friends and share. Now the only way around it is to get some Elcomsoft software (120 USD) that allows you to remove the DRM security on the PDF file to make it multiple-computer readable, text-selectable and copyable, as well as make an unlimited amount of prints of the document (DRM limits to 1 print).

Can we start a sticky list of good SAE papers that we have read and give as detailed a review as possible? That way we can help each other find the most relevant papers, otherwise it is pretty hit or miss.
Ape
Pro
Pro
Post by Ape »

shaun i think that is a very very good idea,

as i know of at least one good german PHD thesis that i think also got printed on sae, dealing in detail on cam timing events and involved mechanics.

i´ll try to contribute
Shaun
Post by Shaun »

I was hoping more people would be interested in this so we could get it going.. but till then.....
SBC

Post by SBC »

Thanks for the techselect tip------that helped for 98 up.

Gary
Shaun
Post by Shaun »

I just found out a week ago that Elcomsoft stuff does not work cracking DRM security. :(