Help rocker wear pattern w/ pics

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Those H/S should get you in the ball park. I went to Yella Terra after a similar problem. The ROLLER TIPS are off set as the H/S are.

[img][img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/3 ... old008.jpg[/img][/img]
GURU is only a name.
Adam
95GTSpeedDemon
Post by 95GTSpeedDemon »

Yella Terra's are quality pieces?
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

95GTSpeedDemon wrote:Yella Terra's are quality pieces?
Very nice and HUGE trunnions.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
95GTSpeedDemon
Post by 95GTSpeedDemon »

im going to give them a call tomorrow, the MS dist. is about 3.5hrs away.
seeya

Post by seeya »

Damn! I thought about those but couldn't find much info on them, a company sells them on EBAY also.
95GTSpeedDemon
Post by 95GTSpeedDemon »

forget ebay lol
what did they want for them out of curiosity?
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

The E-bay company is a real store. If I remember right they are PBM, made and stamped Yella Terra.

I bought mine through Mike Lewis ( wolfplace ) on S/T. He is a distributor also. His prices are inline with the other W/D's and nice to deal with.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

Those off set Harland Sharps should help. :)
Yella Terra
Yella Terra Race Rockers

Post by Yella Terra »

seeya wrote:Damn! I thought about those but couldn't find much info on them, a company sells them on EBAY also.
Hi Guys,

Just be careful on ebay. Weve seen alot of copy cat product that resembles Yella Terra, Comp, Crane, HS and even Jesel that is being sold as a genuine.

Authorised online distys for YT are only the guys on this forum, Falcon Global,PBM and some of the guys from the LS forums.

All genuine Yella Terra rockers are stamped with the logo, large trunnions and have a unique arm number that we inscribe. We also do not anodize any of our race rockers.

Just fyi...

rgds

J
Yella Terra
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Anyone else run these but me??? :lol: :lol:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
seeya

Post by seeya »

95GTSpeedDemon
Post by 95GTSpeedDemon »

Ok, here are the pictures i took this morning...
From looking at the lash caps with the Comp Gold; i feel alright with the mark its making. I find it strange how all of a sudden i get a better contact, even before the lash cap and with the cap it makes even more of a difference. I have run patterns on other valves, with normal springs, the same push rod and the comp gold and could not get a pattern that good. I'm going to test the comp golds, the h.s. and the lash cap with both rockers on a few other cylinders and see how that works out.

95GTSpeedDemon
Post by 95GTSpeedDemon »

This is strange... Comp Gold, 6.5 PR, Normal spring, no lash cap, non adjustable guide plate... the SAME as i was doing before, and now all of a sudden i get a mark 3/4 the way across! im going to try it on the other cylinders and try a .050 and .100 shorter PR on the checking spring w/ and w/ out the lash cap tomorrow.

With the lash cap and the comp gold, the mark centered up some (my PR might be .50-.100 to long) plus it having a definite mark 3/4 across the lash cap.

IMO, i feel comfortable even with out the lash cap at 3/4 across; i dont think the lash cap can make it worse, so im going to run it with the caps and see how that works for now, considering the rest of the cylinders do the same :D
seeya

Post by seeya »

FWIW, I am unimpressed with the machining quality of the HS. All the machined holes have sharp edges and burrs, one burr broke off with my fingernail.
I will contact HS about this to find out if this is normal or an oversite.

I wouldn't recommend them even though my pattern is all the way across the valve.
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

Looking good to me. SpeedDemon, that is more like I would have expected. How does the one you were having trouble with look? Check and see if that rocker stud somehow bent.