cam identification

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

farrigno

cam identification

Post by farrigno »

can anyone help me identify a bigblock roller cam, its made by camdynamics,wich is no more. somebody told me that crane bought camdynamics but i tried on there web site and coundn't get any where with the pn# here are the #'s on front of cam:159-170-6r then13-26-92 and on back of cam:139566 then 92-E2-A any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance. btw it's a big block chevy.
always trying to learn.
UDHarold
Expert
Expert

Cam ID

Post by UDHarold »

The back of the cam tells us it is an 8620 steel billet made by Crane Cams, and the 92-e2-a is the batch number for QC info.
The 159 and 170 are the master numbers, and I have no ID by those numbers. The 6r should mean it is a 106 LSA roller.
I suggest you call Harvey Crane at 386-760-4418 BEFORE 12:00 PM EST, and ask him. He bought CD and should have a record of all their cams by master number. Crane Cams has all the old masters, but you will have to speak to an old hand there, someone like Chase Knight.
If you have no luck with Harvey, a long shot is Steve Huggins, of Huggins Cams. Steve was the shop foreman at CD and made all the masters. He probably knows the master numbers. You will have to Google Huggins Cams for the phone number, or try information. Huggins Cams is in Olive Branch, MS.
Olive Branch, MS, currently has 3 cam companies in it, Lunati, Bullet, and Huggins. Just about 2nd to LA as far as cam companies.......

UDHarold
662-562-4933
brookshire@panola.com
farrigno

Post by farrigno »

thanks harold :wink:
always trying to learn.