Valvoline Lab Test Results

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

veno

Post by veno »

ou812 wrote:
veno wrote:
ou812 wrote: Exactly why I use the vv850 valvoline...10w30!!
Brian
The VR1 has higher levels than the VV850 and is availale in straight 30,40,50,and 60 along with 10W30, and 10W40..

so why not use a fully formulated automotive oil Like VR1 verses a motorcycle oil made for wet clutch performance..
Are you implying that the vv850 is for motorcycle clutches????
You need to go to valvoline's website and check it out first...according to valvoline, this oil is quite a bit better than the VR1 for flattappet cams!
Email them....
Brian
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products ... product=94
My bad... I got the Motorcycle oil confused with what you posted...

YES NSL is a good oil... its life is 500 mile max... according to Valvoline... where the vr1 has the same content if not more as the NSL but is a 3000 mile change interval oil... and I might add about 1/4 the cost of the NSL or VV850...

I spent a great deal of time with valvoline in research, along with Sell/pennzoil/quakerState, cam2, kendal, conoco/philips, Bradpenn, champion, Mobil... etc.......

if you would like a link to the research testing and such... just PM..
ou812
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ou812 »

Cool! It's nice to have as much info as possible, and it helps if the info is good!!
I buy the vv850 at 3.89 a qt. I didn't think that was too bad considering I used to buy VR1 at that and add Comp's addivitve to it, raising costs more than I like.
We do alot of FT stuff, because most guys don't like the cost of hyd or solid roller.
Thanks again for all the info!
Brian