inexpensive dyno place near or at los angeles.....

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

sc2dave
Expert
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

inexpensive dyno place near or at los angeles.....

Post by sc2dave »

who has low rates on dyno time here in l.a. or surrounding areas?
BillyShope
Pro
Pro

Post by BillyShope »

I'm assuming you mean an engine dyno. Steve Magnante invited me to observe some testing of different intake lengths on a 502 BBC crate for a HRM article (July '99). This was at Westech Performance (John Baechtel) somewhere east of the city. (I drove there from my apartment in Santa Ana, but I've been living in Florida long enough that I probably couldn't even find my Santa Ana apartment now.) I don't know the hourly rate, but I'm certain it's not out of line, as Hot Rod certainly doesn't throw money around. And, John and the others are very nice people.
812ford
Dyno Time in LA area

Post by 812ford »

Check out these guys

Vrbancic Racing
909-930-9980
Right next to Ontario Airport
SS/VWwanaB

Post by SS/VWwanaB »

not exactly the least expensive but I would say one of the best dynos around.
call heads up performance
Fullerton CA 714-871-1940

great bunch of guys with great service and knowledge

and no I dont work there
SStrokerAce
Guru
Guru

Post by SStrokerAce »

Westech, Vrbanic and Dynomotive are all good shops. I have a few buddies out there that run at both Westech and Vrbanic a lot. You might also want to talk to Sherman Racing Engines and Nelson Racing Engines. All of these shops run either a DTS or 901 Superflow

Bret
RMFheaders

Post by RMFheaders »

BillyShope wrote:I'm assuming you mean an engine dyno. Steve Magnante invited me to observe some testing of different intake lengths on a 502 BBC crate for a HRM article (July '99). This was at Westech Performance (John Baechtel) somewhere east of the city. (I drove there from my apartment in Santa Ana, but I've been living in Florida long enough that I probably couldn't even find my Santa Ana apartment now.) I don't know the hourly rate, but I'm certain it's not out of line, as Hot Rod certainly doesn't throw money around. And, John and the others are very nice people.
Do you know john?I haven't seen that guy for years.Me and A friend name Danny Davis built 3 different carcraft give away cars for him when he was with carcraft.Also had our wifes on the cover one time.So he is at westech performance huh.I have to give him a call.LOL