data loggers, tuner aids.. whats the best one

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Cheapstreetduster

data loggers, tuner aids.. whats the best one

Post by Cheapstreetduster »

i have seen a few post about computers that monitor egt, base specific fuel consumption
air fuel ratio, to use as a tune up monitor..
what are these things called? for carburated smallblock.
i cant find them listed in the catalogues because i cant remember what there called..
what features do you guys like the best
i want to get one soon and want a good one.
down loadable, removeable ect.
plug and play that i can down load with software to a lap top and use the data to adjust or tune from the readings.
bsfc,egt, airfuel/o2 ratio.timing,,ect
it has to be removed for qualifying and elimination runs..
i am looking for user feed back to determine before a purchase.
cheap..
mechanical engineer, carpenter by trade,love racing engines in general, drag race in the NMCA fastest street car cheapstreet class. i am a doit yourselfer
let r eat

Post by let r eat »

For what your wanting I would recommend the Innovate LM-1 wideband with rpm converter. You can log 5 inputs *clt,iat,02,or any sensor working in the range of 1 to 5 volts. You can also get the dual wideband kit as well for both engine banks.
liteitup
Post by liteitup »

I'm interested in that as well, for Ford Lightning application.
Dynojet ( http://www.widebandcommander.com/ ) seems to be the popular choice in that circle.

What exactly should a person look for? The number of inputs, the sampling speed, or something else entirely?
Bad95Gts
Pro
Pro
Post by Bad95Gts »

Th Innovative works well as does The one that is sold out of Austaralia.
We use Innovative on our Engine dyno and it is very accurate compared too the EGT.
What exactly should a person look for? The number of inputs, the sampling speed, or something else entirely?

Sampling speed is important but unless the data logger can store and output a live reading rather than an averaged reading too a set rpm point it should not be an issue.

i have seen a few post about computers that monitor egt, base specific fuel consumption
air fuel ratio, to use as a tune up monitor..
what are these things called? for carburated smallblock.
i cant find them listed in the catalogues because i cant remember what there called..
what features do you guys like the best
i want to get one soon and want a good one.
down loadable, removeable ect.
plug and play that i can down load with software to a lap top and use the data to adjust or tune from the readings.
bsfc,egt, airfuel/o2 ratio.timing,,ect
it has to be removed for qualifying and elimination runs..
i am looking for user feed back to determine before a purchase.
cheap..
The innovative with the Aux box is really a good cheap data logging setup.
Egt's can be misleading were a Wideband is a little more predictable.
As far as inputs you can pretty much buy a sensor too look at anything on the car you want too look at and the aux box is pretty straight forward as far as using.

If you do not like it there are numerous data loggers out there and software too run them .You just need a small amount of computer skills and a very basic understanding of electronics and your set.

Zane Bates
asim8

Re: data loggers, tuner aids.. whats the best one

Post by asim8 »

I find some best tuner for my ford in this post https://wheelsrush.com/best-tuner-for-6-0-powerstroke/