Fast response Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

lmsport
Fast response Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge

Post by lmsport »

Looking for a EGT that can be mounted in the car which has a fast enough response to maybe prevent damage. The Autometer stuff while good just does not keep up.
ChrisU
Pro
Pro
Post by ChrisU »

I have had 2 on my Diesel truck to keep track of pre turbo temp. The first was an autometer and like you said, it is SLOW.

The second I have is from Di Pricol.... the thermocouple is smaller, and it's very fast reacting. It's almost as fast as the turbo boost gauge... very pleased with it.

Actually a number of gauge companies are now mentioning that they have the fast thermocouple.... it might just be a thermocouple change if you already have the gauge.
Uratchko Racing Engines
248-755-5556
Grocerius Maximus
Pro
Pro
Post by Grocerius Maximus »

Jon at TRE has a supply of exposed junction K type that don't break and kill turbos. Usually the exposed junction models have issues, these do not.

www.teamrip.com

Another option is to use the high temp thermister type ala Motec. Only problem with them is they require a little different electronics (they are a 5v sensor, can be logged by ECU/datalogger directly), and they are physically large, like an O2 sensor.