Lobe seperation question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

OldSStroker
Guru
Guru

Post by OldSStroker »

chevy_power wrote:what about the f1 engines with air nuematic valves? I've always wondered how those worked.
They just use air springs known as a Pneumatic Valve Return System. The valves are actuated conventionally with a cam.
[i]"There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."[b]....Yogi Berra[/b][/i]
[i]"Being able to "think outside the box" presupposes you were able to think in it." [b]--Bob Lutz[/b][/i]
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

Someone in Chattanooga Tennesee already beat you guys to the punch. I know, I have their heads here. A Beat the Heat police group has sent me their 455 that only made 12 runs before placing a rod outside of the oil pan. It had been built in Chattanooga.

No one knew what happened but after inspecting what was left to inspect, the heads, this is what I found. Mind you, the officers were told the spring pressures were set for the big Comp hydraulic that was donated.

Highest closed pressure - 80
Highest open pressure - 180

I suspect this engine never had a chance to utilize the new technology, so I guess I must reinstall the heads as -is?
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
Greezer
Pro
Pro
Post by Greezer »

Have a nice day
Last edited by Greezer on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chevy_power

Post by chevy_power »

OldSStroker wrote: They just use air springs known as a Pneumatic Valve Return System. The valves are actuated conventionally with a cam.
Oh, never knew they accutually ran cams. Is there any engine out there that doesn't? (besides 2 strokes, electric, and other obvious types)
Speed kills, save lives, drive a honda